Sunday, February 16, 2014

Finally a family photo

Today was another wonderful day. Anna and Audrey are doing so well. They are eating well, sleeping well, going to the bathroom well, and they are doing well at being so darling. I can't get enough of them. The only thing we are waiting on is some weight gain. I imagine that will come soon as they are eating well and already acting a bit older. Today both girls had quite a while of awake time and that was the most they have been awake since their birthday. :)

Three huge highlights of the day.

First - Ash, Sadie and Nate were able to spend a long time with the babies this morning. They got to help feed them and give lots of snuggles. It felt like we needed three babies to pass around with how much everyone wanted to be with each baby. I was thankful we had two to share! Nate surprised me the most. At one point, while holding Anna he said "I love them a lot more than I thought I would." He was so tender with Anna and Audrey. He so carefully fed, burped, snuggled and kissed the babies. Ash and Sadie's hearts were melting as they met their two baby sisters. They had to wait a long time to hold them and they were so excited the day finally came. It was so fun to take our first family picture.

Ash, Sadie and Nate got to play with their good friends from Missouri (who have since moved to Utah). They spent all day with them, and Dave and I spent all day with Anna and Audrey. After their afternoon feeding we held them and all took naps while we snuggled. It was so relaxing and just heavenly to rest with a baby snuggled up tight. I realize that one of these days I will have to go back to real life and try to juggle all aspects of life and motherhood but for now I'm soaking up the days of holding and feeding babies.

The third highlight came at the very end of the day. After their 7:00 feeding tonight, both girls were wide awake. Dave and I were tucking them back in their little cribs because it was time for us to go get the older kids. Suddenly they were both super wide awake. I couldn't stand to leave with them being so alert - when typically they are sooooo sleepy. We played with them and loved watching them look around, move around and be so alert. It was so much fun. Our nurse got a couple other nurses to come in and peek at the babies because they just looked so adorable. One nurse suggested we put them together while they were so awake. So we did. My heart could hardly contain the joy as I watched them interact. Audrey is especially snuggly and any time we put them together (which has only been a few times) she puts her leg over Anna's leg. Tonight was no exception. At one point Audrey had both legs wrapped around Anna's leg. Audrey was sort of leaning in to Anna and the look on her face was so content. It was so obvious she was so happy just being so close to her sister. It was as if she wanted to freeze and stay put so she could be so close to her sis. They held hands a few times, wiggled around and molded together. It was so apparent how comfortable they are together and how much they already love each other. It made me so happy to watch. We took so many pictures and video and enjoyed them for quite a while until we really had to go! I can't wait til they can sleep together all the time.

Today the doc guessed they would be ready to go mid next week. We shall see!
Dave and the kids are heading back to CO tomorrow so Dave can work a few days and then they'll come back. The hospital is giving me a room so I can stay overnight and feed them throughout the night as well. It's gonna be wild without Dave at my side to help with the babies. We make a good team and I will miss him so much!



 This is Anna
 This is Audrey
 Audrey
 Anna

 Audrey is always quick to wrap her legs around Anna's legs
Napping together
 They actually match poses quite often
 


9 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

lOVE It! Priceless.

Monty and Kristin said...

One more thing...are you sure they are not identical? They look so much alike. I love it! Looks like you had a super fun day. They look like they are getting stronger and stronger. So excited they might be coming home so soon. Wow. The hospital sounds so nice!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness they are beautiful!

Roz said...

Oh, my gosh! The cuteness!! I can hardly stand it!! The babies look so tiny even when the kids are holding them.

Kelsey said...

So happy for your BIG family! Those girls are precious, and I can't even imagine the joy and happiness your family is experiencing. Yay for successful adoptions and healthy babies!

Designer Diva said...

So precious! I can't wait to meet them in person. Thank you for sharing these special experiences with us. It always makes me teary with happiness for you. Anna and Audrey are such lucky babies to be in your family.

Kendra said...

I've been secretly following along for a while, but I just can't help but comment on what an adorable family you guys are. Those 2 sweet girls are so lucky to have you all :)

emily said...

They are beautiful girls. It's so nice to see you all together enjoying this so much.

Brittany Lentz said...

So fun to see pictures of them awake! What precious little girls.