This morning we signed some paperwork that gave us temporary custody of the babies. The agency technically has custody until we sign about 50 documents (which we are doing tomorrow morning). The papers we signed this morning gave us the rights to care for and make decisions for the babies. Tomorrow it will be 100% us!
After signing, we headed straight to the hospital. We were so delighted and surprised to see Audrey without her oxygen. She's been doing so well all day without oxygen. The other great surprise was to see Anna without her IV. They have an IV at the beginning to assist with nutrients until they are able to drink all of their meals. Anna has been eating so well and is doing great without the IV. The goal for Audrey is to get the IV out tonight and I bet she will. She ate so well today. Yay for great improvements today!
The big question is when they will get to come home. The nurses really don't give us a good idea and I'm not sure why. I do know that they like to see them eating well for a few days. We sure try and ask and get an idea but we get pretty vague answers. They are doing so well and continue to do well so I guess early next week but we really don't know. Once they are released from the hospital, we have to wait for ICPC clearance which will allow us to take them to CO. This process is between 5-10 days so we really have no clue when we'll be back in CO!
There were three big highlights for me today (even though pretty much every minute is a highlight).
1. We got to take Anna and Audrey to the door of the NICU to show both girls to Ash, Sadie and Nate. They loved seeing them together. I loved getting a picture of all 7 of us.
2. I got to nurse Anna and Audrey and they both ate like champs. It was so miraculous to watch them latch on like they were already pros. Even the nurses were surprised with how well they did. Anna seems to especially love to eat and nurse. If I would try an pull away to wake her up a little, she would hold on for dear life. So cute. And if you're wondering how I'm nursing...I've been pumping and doing some things for about a month to prepare for this. It's amazing to see it work.
3. Tonight we spent a while with the girls right next to each in my arms. It is so precious to watch them snuggle in and fit like a puzzle. Earlier today Audrey was crossing her leg over across Anna's. Their heads snuggle in and love to be close. I love watching it. Holding them together felt so right and just heavenly.
What a wonderful day! We love these little girls so much already.
Anna is on the left and Audrey on the right
This is the first time the kids saw the twins together. They are really anxious to actually hold them.
Again, Anna on the left and Audrey on the right.







8 comments:
Love all the pictures, but especially the one of Ash, Sadie, and Nate peering through the window at their new baby sisters. It is so special to be able to follow your amazing journey. xoxo Roz
I'm so excited for you guys! What beautiful little blessings!
I'm so excited for you guys! What beautiful little blessings!
Love seeing the pictures. Maybe a dumb question but are they fraternal or identical? Is it easy for you to tell them apart?
Thanks for keeping the pictures and storytelling going...so awesome to follow along as the joy unfolds...
They're adorable! Thank you so much for sharing the photos!
Love you all, Grandma Walton
Anna looks so tiny in Dave's arms in that one photo. It's so hard to tell from pictures how little they must be. So fun to see daily updates and pictures!
Love seeing all the pics!
If there is one thing I have learned from our hospital stays it is that the nurses can't say and honestly don't know when the kids are able to go home until the doctors give the go ahead. The waiting is the hardest part.
But what wonderful news that you are nursing them yourself - you are an amazing Mom!
Post a Comment