Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Finally home and first day of school!






















It was a busy day today and the best part was that it ended with Nate coming home. He ended up spending a couple of days in the NICU for a blockage in his lower intestines. The poor guy's belly got really distended and was pretty uncomfortable. It was amazing seeing all his neighbors in the NICU, many of which were born in the 24 week time frame. The nurses there called him a "whopper".
Ashlyn had her first day of school today and it was quite an event. Her parents, sister and even grandparents walked her to her classroom to see her off. She had no problem going but the rest of us looked like a bunch of teary saps.
It is so good to have Nate home where he belongs. It's almost unreal.

5 comments:

PJ Productions said...

Nate is so cute! I am thrilled with all of the pictures you are posting. How exciting for Ash to be starting school. You said some of the NICU babies were 24 weeks. How many weeks was Nate when he was born?

Juliana said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!
Juliana

Dave said...

Nate was born at just over 36 weeks. His amnio the day before delivery showed that his lungs weren't ready yet. He ended up having steroid injections for 2 days prior to the c-section.

Anonymous said...

Nate just gets cuter and cuter! I wish I could run some treats over to you, just as an excuse to come over and hold him! :)

Cathie said...

I love seeing all the pictures. I can't believe Ashlyn is in school! Beautiful baby. When you think about the blessing our babies are - I cry too! I am so glad you get to soak it all in. I want to come over with Michiko and hold him too...and eat her treats with you!! Pretend we are there!