Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Buy Math

I asked Ash what she wanted to do during her last week without school and with me at home. She said she wanted to do a day of homeschool. Funny girl. So today we did school - and this is one of their favorite things to do at school. They called it "Buy Math" and we all take turns being the cashier with a variety of food to choose from. The buyer selects how much they want of each item, and the cashier chooses the price. Then the buyer runs to our supply of coins and finds the right amount. I think those were the best green grapes I've had all summer. They tasted so good.

5 comments:

PJ Productions said...

Sadie is sooo cute! What a fun idea, and a good way to get them to eat lots of fruit.

Michiko said...

We should try out "buy math" around here too. Sounds fun! Maika is learning about nickels and pennies at school right now. Can you believe it? I'm sure you probably covered that two years ago with your girls! Oh well. . .

Seriously... said...

The grapes look yummy. Now i'm going to have to drag 3 kids to the store with me to get some grapes. thanks a lot. It's hard to take the boys out, but almost even harder to stay home (they beat up on each other a lot more at home, when we're out and about, they are at least distracted). I'm off to get kids in bed EARLY tonight.....(oh, did I ever tell you that after your little cleveland visit all Brady would talk about for weeks is wanting to go to Georgia to see Ashlyn and Sadie. He still occasionally brings it up).

Dave said...

Why don't you guys come and visit? We have an open invitation policy here for visitors.

Heidi said...

You are such an inspiration. That's so great that your kids love school so much. Too bad I can't send my girls to the Walton school. I'm getting nervous sending Courtney to school in a couple weeks.