Sunday, March 30, 2014

Our funny photo shoot

First off, my apologies to the photographers out there. Plenty of the pictures are not top quality and even way less than top! Some are snapped with the cell phone with one hand while juggling the babies in the other. 

 Nate makes the best machine gun sounds. He has tried to teach me and I try but I just can't compete with the boys. Nate was listening to a book on tape and periodically he would make his machine gun sound and moves. It was so random and I know it had nothing to do with the book he was listening to. There are plenty of girls around this house but I don't think I need to worry about him learning to be masculine.
 Anna and Audrey
 President Roosevelt and I have something in common. We both let our kids roller blade (or skate) in the house. I don't know why I let them. Maybe because in the winter it's harder to play outside. Or maybe because we have wood floors and it's just so fun to blade around. The kids have developed a pretty fun game of roller blade tag. They even pin some of the doors back so they won't run into them when the lights are out (yes, there's a roller blade in the dark version). We have one set of roller blades that can fit an adult so once in a while we join in. I played for the first time this weekend and I must admit it's pretty fun. Anyway…Nate has gotten so into roller blading and we saw a little 6 week ice-skating class that prepares you for an ice hockey class. We signed him up and this is Nate on his first day of class. He was in heaven. He loves it so much and couldn't stop talking about skating.
 I'm afraid ice-hockey just may be his sport. I can only picture the fights they always get in during games…but hopefully Nate is a nice enough kid and no one will want to fight with him????
 Anna…but it's harder for me to tell who it is when they are sleeping.
 It's just something so special to hold them at the same time.
 Audrey
 Sadie and Audrey…and I can't say enough about what a huge help Sadie is with these babies!
 Sleeping beauties at church
 We have been hearing a few woodpeckers working on our house recently so we set out on a family hike to find them (and eliminate them, hence the gun). I just had to laugh at Dave holding our precious little baby with a gun in his hand. Those two things just don't go together.
 We bundled the babies up to stay warm on the hike.
 It was such a beautiful night and we are so enjoying the spring weather.

 Ash and….can't tell!
 Anna 
We wanted to get a few pictures of the girls in their cute little spring dresses. I put a bunch of the pictures of the photo shoot on here. It really made me laugh at how it's hard to get one baby to sit up right or smile or whatever…but two!!! What are the chances! So why not take pictures of them both crying too...
 Poor Anna. Is it that bad?
 Audrey

 Those headbands are too big for them!




 Sleepy babies after their photo shoot. :)


4 comments:

Mom said...

OK Nate, they better hold a place on the family hockey team for you in the future!
Love, Grandma Walton

Dave said...

For the record, I handed the baby off and went out on my own for shooting. Just for the record... :)

Karla said...

Two of the CUTEST pics ever; Nate playing hockey and Dad + gun + baby in his arms ♥

emily said...

It was much more fun to think of Dave romping over the hills whilest rocking a baby in one arm and a gun in the other...oh well.

So fun to see so many pictures and updates!