For almost 9 years now (minus Nate's pregnancy and entrance to the world) I have had many a heartache as I walked by the maternity section at Target, heard friends announce new pregnancies, attended baby showers, baby blessings, watched new babies in carseats at the store, ETC! It seems that instantly my eyes would fill with tears and I would just have to press forward with my "lot" of not being able to have more babies. Sometimes I begged Heavenly Father to take away my strong, strong longing for more babies. But it never went away. And now I know why.
Yesterday I ran an errand by myself. I saw a baby in the carseat in a mom's shopping cart and I smiled at the cute baby…and then I realized…I wasn't sad! I have my own babies! Then I saw a baby in what looked like a not-so-good family situation. Those situations always break my heart. They make me want to do foster care and/or adopt. I saw this situation and then thought…we adopted!!! We brought babies from a would-have-been tough situation into our loving home!
I walk by the baby section at Target and want to shout hurray! (One time I sort of did…just ask Dave). I'm finally not sad walking by the baby section.
Cute little Anna.
Being good girls sleeping on the couch while I was getting ready for school this morning.
Snuggling sisters
This picture doesn't quite do it justice. I put Anna in the front pack to get some dinner ready. She was just starting up at me with the biggest eyes. And I just cried happy, happy tears. I can't believe I have two babies to love. My years of dreaming have come true. And some days I just can't believe it.
Audrey was just about to drift off to sleep.
The darling hats my friend made for the girls.
Last AND least, Dave was walking around the house with this dragon on his back. It just made me laugh. It looks like he's just going for a fun ride.
Babies are ready for some milk. Better sign off.









2 comments:
What a sweet mommy you are! Those darling babies are so blessed to be in your home and part of such a wonderful family!
I am glad they have satisfied that longing for a baby! I am sure those were some painful years of waiting and hoping. They are beautiful.
The kids are on their soapbox again of wanting a pet. I will not be showing them Dave and the bearded dragon, as that's what they will request...
Post a Comment