Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Here is the picture for the grandparents that want to see their cute grandkids in costume!

The rundown on the costumes:
Nate - got that for $5 at the consignment store
Ashlyn - a mummy and it was all her idea. $4 on a sheet at Walmart and Sadie ripped the sheet while Dave pinned it on her shirt. Super easy and cheap. Go Ash!
Sadie - a witch and it was all her idea. Her friend gave her the top piece and the tights came from friends in Georgia. I think the hat was $2 at Walmart, if not $1. Super easy and cheap. Go Sadie!

We had a fun night. Perfect weather (it was suppose to rain, but didn't). We trick-or-treated starting at 5:15 (yes, it was still light, but we had a lot to do in one night...so we just had to get started). Then we went to our ward dinner and trunk-or-treat, then on to our neighborhood party, then on to our neighbor's bonfire, then home to sift through the candy, eat a few pieces, BRUSH TEETH, then flop into bed exhausted from a fun day.


Nate quite liked the idea of Halloween. From what I have seen enter his mouth, he has not had any candy in his long 14 months of life. So we wondered what he would do with candy everywhere. Mostly, he had fun knocking on doors and standing (or sometimes kneeling) with a a big smile on his face. He held onto a few pieces, and sucked through the wrapper and managed a little sugar before it was snagged and he was distracted (call us mean parents, but he'll have plenty of years to enjoy sugar...why corrupt such a cute little body that thinks bananas and unsweetened applesauce is a TREAT?).

5 comments:

The Fanning's Ark said...

This Halloween I tried your Cider recipe and the thought of it waiting on us at home made me think of you guys several times. We miss you but it brings a smile to my face to see how happy y'all are there!

emily said...

Cute costumes! Next year, Melissa I'll send you my tights that MATCH Sadies! :) Sure sounds like you packed a LOT into one night!!

Jamie said...

Busy Halloween but supper fun! I love a good busy day like that!

Your costumes are adroable. I love the picture of little Nate-O!!!! He's a cutie pie!!!!

Andrea said...

It isn't just Grandparents who like to see your kids in costume. It gives me good ideas for next year!

Heidi said...

Great costumes! You had a really busy night. I was feeling bad that I let Sarah eat so much candy. But at least she's eating all my salad as I type this.