Saturday, November 15, 2008

Piano Girls

For those of you (grandparents) who would have liked to be here at the recital...you might be glad to watch this short clip instead of sitting through the 1 hour and 40 minute recital. TOO LONG! Especially with Nate to chase.

It was fun to have our first little snowflakes accompany us on our drive to the recital. It was freeeeeeeeeeeeezing but so fun to have snow! Sadie could hardly wait for it to be her turn - and neither of them got nervous at all. Don't know where they got those genes.

Other exciting news at our house this week:

1. We got our first egg yesterday and another one today. We ate one and it was super tasty! We will conduct a blindfolded egg-tasting test soon and let you know if we can tell the difference between our eggs and the store's.

2. For our anniversary (9 years) Dave bought us ballroom dance lessons. Dave is embarrassed about this and has been known to say things like "No, I won't be able to do that...we have plans the next several Friday nights." But, as you might notice, he doesn't add what those plans are. For those of you (possibly the Walton boys?) that might think this is not so manly...I think it is especially manly. What is more manly than a husband doing the last thing in the world he would like to be doing on a Friday night - all out of love for his wife, who has always dreamed of learning to ballroom dance with her husband. We had our first class Friday night - and we had so much fun. Even Dave had fun. Thanks Dave! You know how much I love you!

3. Nate ate a grapefruit. Being the picky eater he is, this especially shocked me. The girls were eating a grapefruit and Nate wanted one. He tried it and kept wanting more. Go Nate!

15 comments:

Andrea said...

You are so blessed in so many ways! Your husband will take you dancing, your son will eat grapefruit and your girls don't get nervous... What's the secret?

Karla said...

John 2 and I enjoyed watching Sadie and Ashlyn's recital ... what a great job! The girls are SO talented.

Okay, Mr. Dave! In the morning I'm having MY husband read your blog. What a wonderful gift; ballroom dancing.

Mr. Nate is growing up! Pretzels and now grapefruit ... what will be next!?

Anonymous said...

wow ashlyn!!!! i'm am reeeally amazed at your piano skills!!!! what hard songs!

Sadie, you're sooo brave to get up there and play your song. Great job!

Love,

Aunt TeeTee

emily said...

Way to go girls! Wow - dancing - true love...

Jamie said...

All I have to say......JORRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

The Wilhelms said...

That was so beautiful- the girls both did so well! Amazing how far they have come since last year- and we were impressed then! Bryan wants the kids to learn so he can listen to that all day he says- I'll just bet that is waht you hear all day... :)
Yeah for NAte- AND Dave. I'm still working on Bryan- he has a million excuses....

Lhone said...

Ballroom lessons are INCREDIBLY manly. Our stake offers them for free and Blaine has taken me! I love it! Your girls are so talented. I never liked getting up and playing in front of people. They were great!

Anonymous said...

Super cute new pictures. the one of you and dave is like a calender river picture. couldn't be more beautiful!

Gramma Bean said...

How long have the4 girls been taking lessons? They are VERY good!

Cathie said...

Holy Cow! That was amazing! I took for five years and couldn't come close to as good as Ashlyn and Sadie! Have fun ballroom dancing!

Chris W. said...

As the first male to comment on this post, I must say Dave you are a good husb... NO, I can't do it. Dave! What have you done?! Thanks for making the rest of look like a pile of deadbeats!

Dr. John said...

Bravo, bravo Ashlyn and Sadie!!! Both of you play with such finesse! (Good home school word if they don't know it!) Ashlyn, your fingers just fly! Sadie, I love how you make the ending so special! Both of you have such great posture!

I bet your parents have great posture when they go ballroom dancing! Once I get swimming mastered, maybe we'll get Grandpa back out on the dance floor! (Since ballroom dancing is so manly!)

Sorry we just missed the chicken laying the egg!

Grandma Shelly

Dave said...

Chris, I thought I couldn't do it either. I walked into the studio with a bunch of people gliding back and forth on the dance floor and thought...maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Maybe at our next lesson I'll use some of Naplolean Dynamite's dance moves and show them what I've got.

emily said...

UH...where are the pictures? You've BEEN ballroom dancing - so, where is the post with an awesome video?!

Alicia said...

Nice job Ash & Sadie! Sage and I loved watching your performance!