The first time Nate held Anna and Audrey, he said "I love them a lot more than I thought I would."
Even with night after night of not being able to sleep because I was daydreaming about my life with twins and how much I would love them, I'm surprised at how much MORE I love them than I thought I would. The love came the second I saw them, but it has grown exponentially since then.
Last night both girls were crying in their bed after we put them down. I got out of bed to comfort them and the second I held Audrey, she quieted in that way where there is such relief to have mom snuggle you tight. I about melted. They were both wide awake and not sleepy enough for bed (although we were sleepy enough for bed!). I held them both in my arms as I sang to them. I was in heaven. Two darling babies looking up at me and loving the lullabies. I felt the sweetest spirit reassure me loud and clear that they were meant to be in our family. Oh how I love these little girls. Each day I'm so thankful they were sent to our family. Whenever I feel the overwhelming feeling of wanting to somehow repay or adequately thank Heavenly Father for these precious gifts, I just vow over and over to do my very best to raise these sweet girls.
Nate was looking for a playmate to play games with him. No one was available this morning. So he got his dragon out to play. It really made me laugh. He just stayed in that position for a long while.



4 comments:
So Funny! I think we are going to get one for Ty for his birthday! He loves yours.
Oh, and so sweet. Couldn't be happier for you and them.
Thinking of you so often. Looks like all is going great! Will have to get over there soon!
Such sweet babies! You already are the very best mom! On another note, amazing how long it takes a dragon to make a decision when playing a game!
Post a Comment