Today we picked up James and Elizabeth. We had a wonderful afternoon and evening with them. Dave made my favorite dinner in the whole world…potato/chicken curry over rice. We didn’t eat until 7:30 (partly because our neighbors stopped by for two hours…the hours Dave would have been cooking). It was so late we ended up getting James and Elizabeth down for bed before sitting down to eat. It was sort of a wild evening, and I think Dave felt bad that it was chaotic for my Mother’s Day dinner. I wouldn’t have had it any other way. What a special treat to get two sweet kids on Mother’s Day! The girls even wrapped presents for Elizabeth to give me.
They are doing great. James has an ace bandage wrapped around his arm/stomach to keep his arm from moving. He doesn’t seem to be in much pain. He was very happy being held…and didn’t want to be put down. I loved holding him all day. It took him a while to go to sleep. He would sleep in our arms, then wake up the second we put him down. Finally we decided to let him cry it out and he’s sleeping soundly now. Good job little guy! James seems pretty mellow, although he sure likes to move his one arm that is allowed to move! I think he will be crawling before too long. He seems to want to be on the move.
Elizabeth is such a sweet tempered little girl. The second I held her, she snuggled tight on my shoulder. I loved it! She has been snuggly with me all day. She loves the girls and Nate. Nate and Elizabeth took a bath together and Nate got her first giggles out (well, the first ones that we heard). It was so cute. She started warming up and not being so shy. After bath time, she was dancing and smiling and laughing. I think she likes it here.
It is still amazing to me how quickly we can love these kids. They are so sweet and we are so happy to have them in our home for as long as they are allowed.
James has a spiral fracture – which is usually indicative of abuse. Elizabeth seems totally healthy and no signs of abuse.
Tomorrow is the court date, but our case worker is out of town so we won’t hear what’s going on until Tuesday.
4 comments:
Wow! This is just so cool. I love to see and hear all about this adventure of foster care.
You are such a wonderful family. All of the children who come to your home will be happy and loved.
Wow! They are sure keeping you guys busy ... no better home than yours for all of these special little ones!
They are seriously adorable little kids. So sad that not all kids have happy homes. It's great that they will at least experience a piece of heaven for a while.
Post a Comment