It was a huge downpour as they drove off. It stormed lots of the night. They still had a great time.
Like our zoo we brought to the zoo today. We are a funny sight. We get all sorts of looks. Today I even saw a woman turning back to do a double take. Maybe it's that she wonders where we get our mixed race children when Dave and I are both white? Or that we have 5 children ages 9, 6, 2, 19 months and 6 months? I don't know.
It was wild, no doubt (our zoo, I mean). Lizzy used to be unsure of her situation and cling to me. Now she is comfortable and has no problem running off. We kept going during nap time, so Nate wanted to be held, baby was trying to sleep through the noise in the reptile room, and Lizzy wanted to run and be free instead of strapped in a stroller. I knew we were crazy when Dave and I were both tired on the way to the zoo. That's a bad sign! And if the zoo wasn't enough, we stopped at Costco to load up on more diapers.
It was all worth it for Nate. He loved every animal. It was a treat to be right up close to his face as he told me about all of the animals, and how he begged to hop over to see the lion. He could have stayed there all day and night. He loves animals just like his dad.
Wish I had pictures of our day.
4 comments:
'Reminds me of the "good ol' days" when we used to take our gang to the zoo. Such a fun, happy place to go.
Love, Grandma Walton
I didn't know you could shoot thunder away! Sounds like a fun campout! So...is just the lens damaged? Or the whole camera?
It rained on our Father and sons camping trip too but it didnt' stop them from going either.
I would love a gun like that. Especially if it controls the weather!!!!
I think people were looking at you all and wondering how you managed to have five beautiful children! Hey- come back to CA and you'll fit right in, as we have such a cool mix of ethnicities here!
Oh my gosh, that Nate is too much! I swear, he is SUCH a cutie pie. And does he love his daddy or what?! Even the rain could not dampen his spirits in getting to camp with dad! Too cute!
Post a Comment