Friday, April 24, 2009

Baby Ever

Nate needed a diaper change. I scooped him up in my arms and held him like a baby while walking back to his room. He loves being held like this. I looked down at my baby who is growing way too fast and said "Will you be my baby forever?"

Nate replied: "Baby Ever, Baby Ever, Baby Ever."

He kept saying this throughout the diaper change.

I loved it.

Then he sneezed the remains of his oatmeal muffin all over my face. That quickly ended my perfect little moment with Nate.

And such is life. Sometimes the perfect moments last only a few seconds, but at least they can last as a memory forever.

Nate is my baby ever.

3 comments:

PJ Productions said...

Those sweet moment are fleeting, but they make it all worth it. I still ask Jessica to be my baby forever and she is three.

The Wilhelms said...

So sweet! (Even the muffin, part)

emily said...

I love that...