
While I was in CA, Dave and the girls made these planter boxes.We planted some vegetables and herbs to put on the deck so the chickens can't get to our garden.
.JPG)

This morning while I was doing piano with Ash, I looked over at the stairs and saw Sadie reading a book to Nate with a witch hat on.

This is what we've spent the last Saturday (all day) and Monday and Tuesday night doing as a family. It might not look like very exciting landscaping. I wish I had taken a before picture, because then you could appreciate all of the work we've done. We dug out a bunch of ugly bushes, made the brick border, hauled TONZ of rock, planted flowers, rose bushes, built the arbor (that would be Dave), and put the lights in (my job). We had a lot of fun working, but are glad to have it done. I can't wait for the climbing roses to climb up the arbor.

The hard workers- standing on the rock pile.

It was cold out - so I knew Ash was working hard when she took her jacket off.

Nate LOVED the pushing job. He was really good at it!

Easter morning. The girls loved their white gloves and purses from Karla. And thanks to Grandma Walton for perfect Easter dresses from Jason's wedding last year. No need to buy new dresses!

Just a random picture.

The girls and I went on a date to St. Louis to Powell Hall where we saw The 5 Browns perform! They were amazing, and we even got to meet them and get autographs!

Spring Soccer has begun. I love Ashlyn's face in this picture. She has so much fun playing soccer and is super frustrated when they cancel a game or practice due to weather. She thinks they should practice in any weather!

Meet Caroline. She is the mouse that Rolly ate. They (Dave and the kids...I'm not part of this activity) got the mouse, but it took a few days for the snake to finish shedding and be ready to eat. So the girls kept Caroline in a box in their room. It became a pet for a few days. Ash was so upset about the circle of life...that snakes have to eat mice. LOTS of tears over this one.

Sadie smiles the whole time she is on the field. She's a happy girl out there.
5 comments:
You have such a cute family. I don't know how you walton girls do it, but you seem to do it all!
What awesome planter boxes! I want some of those!! We missed the 5 Browns here...
Sadie looks EXACTLY like her mom while out on the soccer field. And man, you are busy!
Wow! I'm so excited I found your blog! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Sounds like all is well for you guys, hope you don't mind if I keep up with you guys :)
Kaylene Weaver
Nate looks so grwon up squished in the box with Sadie. And You all look so nice dressed up! I don't know what the landscaping looked like before, but I think it looks great now, and I can tell it was a lot of work for you guys! And the planters ROCK!
Post a Comment