Friday, April 3, 2009

A Most Special Day

Dad and I with Karla on her baptism day. I didn't plan to match them, but I surely fit in with the "white" theme. Thank you for letting me be part of your special day, Karla! It was a day I will always remember. I'm still smiling about it.

Grandma was helping thirsty Nate find a drinking fountain.

Seeing lollipops on all of the children's headstones was a first to me. Nate has a an expression that I can't really put into English words, but it's the cutest hand expression and his own made up words for "Where did it go?" He knows how to say Brie's name so well - I love it. It used to sound like "Bee" and now I can hear the "r". I told Nate where we were going, and when we got to the cemetery, Nate did his "Where did it go" version while saying Brie's name first. Good thing we know where she is - it makes it all bearable. He must know that it's a special place - because he's always his sweetest when we're there.


Nate loved baby Matthew - so much that he wanted to lay on top of him for a long time.


With a mother as a hygienist (Shannon) and a father as a periodontist, no wonder these two were busy at work cleaning Matthew's first tooth.
It was such a treat to get away for a quick weekend of good food (always) and wonderful memories.



3 comments:

Karla said...

I know I have said this often, but here it is again ... Melissa, THANK YOU for coming to the baptism. I had the BEST Father/Daughter team present. This was by far my best day! I am truly blessed.

Love you

mckay fanning said...

I miss you
I love the blog

mckay

The Wilhelms said...

I love the lollipops at the cemetary, it just seems so sweet and thoughtful. And Nate looks so happy and content there, like he is just so comfortable sitting with his sister.