Well, I alway thought that someday I would do a Kids' Day. Over the past few years, Ash has contemplated around the Mother's Day and Father's Day holidays...why we don't have a kids' day. I agree with her. Some moms might say that EVERY day is Kids' day, but I think kids deserve a day to be honored and to not have to lift a finger.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Kids' Day!
I remember it like it was yesterday. I was probably Sadie's age. My dad took us to a ward pancake breakfast. Mom didn't come - had no clue why. After being there a few minutes, Dad said "Let's go home" and somehow talked us all into it. We came home to a big surprise - it was Kids' Day at our house! Mom was home getting things set up. My favorite thing was the fishing booth!
Well, I alway thought that someday I would do a Kids' Day. Over the past few years, Ash has contemplated around the Mother's Day and Father's Day holidays...why we don't have a kids' day. I agree with her. Some moms might say that EVERY day is Kids' day, but I think kids deserve a day to be honored and to not have to lift a finger.
Saturday morning the kids woke up to Kids' day. They each had a little present (hula-hoops for the girls and playdough for Nate) waiting for them with a "Happy Kids' Day" sign. We ate donuts (a rare occurance in our house) while watching cartoons as a family (another rare occurance). We watched and lazed for a long time. Then we did the fishing booth. It was so fun hooking little prizes to the fishing line and the kids loved it. Crepes with strawberries, banana and yogurt for lunch. The girls didn't have to do their hair, no chores, no cleaning after meals. Just lots of playing and having a relaxing day.
Well, I alway thought that someday I would do a Kids' Day. Over the past few years, Ash has contemplated around the Mother's Day and Father's Day holidays...why we don't have a kids' day. I agree with her. Some moms might say that EVERY day is Kids' day, but I think kids deserve a day to be honored and to not have to lift a finger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Kid's Day! What a GREAT idea. Love the snake in the stroller...classic
What a great idea!!! We'll have to try that.
what fun parents you are! Thanks for the great idea!
I can't believe Nate thought to place the snake IN the stroller! What a guy!! The girls look like they REALLY enjoyed Kid's Day! What a great tradition to pass down from family to family! I love it!!!
I LOVE Nate pushing the snake in the stroller! It is just the cutest thing. And it turns something that is sometimes called a "girl toy" into a total boy toy!!! So cute.
Kid's Day is a great idea! I am glad you all had a fun day. (Sometimes a family needs a day to bask in the joy of having kids and just spend some time together- it won't be long until they are gone!)
Melissa...your kids are growing WAY too fast! What a great family! Thanks for sharing with me on your blog!
Miss you all!
Post a Comment