Thursday, May 21, 2009

Teacher's Gifts - Nate liked them too!

Does school in Missouri seriously end on May 19? That's so early! Well, I guess that's my excuse as to why I didn't have any gifts ready to give to the girls' teachers. So one morning we whipped up some chocolate dipped oreos in some of my leftover gourmet chocolate from truffle making. Nate thought that oreos make a great breakfast. I would typically do this activity during Nate's nap - but we were pressed for time and had to get them done.



Nate enjoyed his chocolate breakfast so much - that he had to have more! He discovered some blocks of chocolate on the counter and was about dig in before I caught him. I had to grab the camera first.


They turned out cute, delicious and free!



6 comments:

Andrea said...

Yumm... I want some. And I think that is a great idea for a teacher gift!

Alicia said...

I LOVE these oreos Meliss! I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see them at Christmas again.

Karla said...

Melissa,

You are a star making oreos look decadent! What a great treat. Oh, of course, Nate looks adorable!!

The Wilhelms said...

My favorite. I honestly gained 6 pounds in October because I ate the whole package of double stuffed oreos that were dipped. I now know that I cannot have them at a gathering at my house! Glad Nate got to enjoy a few, too!

Brittany said...

Ooo those look SO good! And wow I love that boy!!!

Sheri said...

I would of never thought to do that! Too bad we miss you in hawaii! That would of been fun to see old friends.