
We've had two of our book club meetings so far and we're having so much fun. This is a picture of all the girls that come and my friend who helped out with sewing these sarapes. The girls are so so cute and fun to have over. We're enjoying learning about Josefina from New Mexico.

Ash wore her sarape to Achievement Days and they both wore their sarapes all over today. They love them.

Nate was chillin' in the backyard. The weather was perfect today. My kind of perfect - not too hot and not too cold. We set out to have a picnic on the picnic table that Grandpa John and Dave made. It was so much fun! I could just see Nate down the road...with his arm around a girl.

The kiddos went out to play in the rain. Then they discovered the mud and began mud fights.

On Memorial Day we went with a couple families to Onondaga Caves. They were amazing!

Tonight our friends stopped by to bring Dave a gift. They found a cow skull on their farm. Just what everyone expects to see at their door. When we heard someone at the door, Dave quickly put the snake around my neck for me to have on as I answered the door. I have a snake on my neck, and am greeting friends with a cow skull for my husband. What has become of my life? When they were visiting, the girls went straight to work dressing up the boys.

This is a funny boy. He loves to be silly.
Speaking of being silly. Just a short story for the record. Today I took the kids to a nearby retirement home to play the piano for the residents there. Of course, Nate wanted a turn at the piano. He was so tickled with the attention. I helped him play a twinkle variation, while he turned his head to face the audience with a big smile. Then he hopped off the bench, took a nice long bow, and climbed up again for another song. This one he played on his own....just goofing off with the keys. Then he hopped off the bench, took a long bow, and climbed up again for another song. I'm not sure how long this happened. At least 4 or 5 times. He loved the audience. Then he went around and gave hugs and high-5s to all of the grandmas and grandpas.
Ashlyn's comment after leaving the retirement home: I just try to keep a big smile on my face the whole time, so they can see a nice smile.
5 comments:
Nate looks so grown up sitting on that bench! Ash looks like camo woman in that mud! And, what a fun idea for the nursing home. I'm sure the residents just loved it.
We've been thinking about starting a book group with some moms and daughters. I'm encouraged seeing how big of a group you have!
I want to sit on the bench with Nate! Your book club looks like SO much fun; what a great way to learn.
Nate is SO adorable on the bench. Very grown-up looking! What fun with the book club- especially when they can dress up like the characters! As for the mud, glad it's not just my kids!!! The story about Nate at the nursing home is very cute. Helps to just imagine his little personality. Hope you continue to have nice weather! (and send some our way if you can!)
Such cute pictures Melissa! The girls look like they are having so much fun with that book club! I wish I was apart of one of those when I was that age!! Haha and glad to see those suspenders are still being used! haha
Post a Comment