Wednesday, October 29, 2008

So much fun, so much yummy food! Does it have to end?

This past week we had my parents in town for a visit! Looking back at the pictures we took over the week, I realize how much we packed in! Thanks Mom and Dad for such a great trip!

Who's happier here? The trainer or the boy-in-training? Daddy and Nate working on our picnic table.
Grandma Shelly was so fun to bring white t-shirts and Halloween colored puffy paints for the girls to make their own Halloween shirts. They had so much fun working on their creations.

The boys showing off their finished product. We really wanted a table to put back in the trees to enjoy some picnics. Not that we'll be picnicing too soon - but it will be ready for spring. Thanks Dad and Dave - I love it!!


It's not too often that there is another adult around to take a picture - so we took advantage at the beautiful Meramac Springs. We had a fun hike around the springs and loved all of the fall colors.



Making m&m pancakes with Grandpa John...a tradition that's been going since Ash could walk. Grandpa let's them do EVERYTHING! They are experienced pancake makers because of a nice grandpa!





Nate loves his pretzels.





Grandma went out a couple times to help the girls with their animal chores in the morning. Nice grandma since it was freezing that early in the morning!





Another "too cute to resist posting" picture of Nate. He's been a happy man with his new freedom of walking everywhere.








The girls at Meramac Springs. I think their favorite part was the m&m and peanut bags they packed for everyone to bring on the hike.







Nate LOVED the pumpkins. He hugged them, kissed them, and patted them.








Going on a walk through the trees in our backyard while taking G and G on a tour of the yard. We were sooooooooo happy to have them with us!











Last but not least, wasn't everyone celebrating Thanksgiving last Friday night? Dad loves turkey dinner, so we decided to go all out and make a TG dinner while Mom and Dad were here. The girls went to town decorating the table. We could harldy find a place to eat, let alone THINK with all of the decor, but it was worth it because they were so proud of their work! It felt so much like the real Thanksgiving with the crisp fall air, the smell of turkey in the house and leaves falling all over the yard. It felt so much like TG that when I said the prayer at dinner, I felt like I should be saying an extra long list of all of the things we were thankful for.











5 comments:

The Fanning's Ark said...

You have made me very excited for the "real" Thanksgiving!! I'm so happy for you that your parents are able to visit as often as they do. I know it probably doesn't seem that "often" to you!!

The Wilhelms said...

The picture of the two of you is a really good one! And Nate in his sweater vest-too cute! Looks like everyone had a nice visit. And those pumpkins were huge!! Hope the real Turkey day is as good as the mock one! Can't believe it is only a couple of weeks away!

emily said...

Yay for visitors! Wish I could be one, one of these days. That TG table looks awesome girls! You didn't even need food the table was so full of decor!!

Andrea said...

I'm sorry it's cold, we have had some unseasonably warm weather and I love it! What a fun time though, the pictures prove it!

Jen Howick said...

You and Dave look like you did when you were teenagers, still so young! I'm glad you are a fellow blogger!