I can't take pictures of Nate very well any more. Once he can see the camera, he wants to be all over it, hence the close-up picture.
Ashlyn and Sadie have made oodles of these hotpads. I'm guessing they've made at least 30 by now. They are addicted!!
Last week we had some neighborhood kids over to do some Halloween crafts. While we were having fun at the table, Dave comes in with this critter in a cup. There's something about it that just grosses me out about it. And he put it on our table to take a picture of it?
I couldn't stop laughing at this picture. Ash was hanging up the little spider web today(the girls were complaining that we only had cute fall/halloween decor, and they wanted something much scarier) when I heard her talking to someone. I didn't think anyone was over, so I walked in her room to find this. I quickly grabbed the camera. Ashlyn is SO not into boys, so this was extra funny to me. This is a neighbor boy that they know pretty well, just chatting through the window. It just looked funny to me. And I can just see it happening again down the road in 10 years (or less???).
10 comments:
I almost didn't recognize Nate, he looks soo big! What exactly is that critter? I thought it was one of your Halloween treats you made, uck.
The normal days can even seem good after a bad day, sometimes. Glad ther are more smiles at the Waltons:) That THING is disgusting! Definately does not look real. And Ashlyn and the neighbor reminds me of Jonah and the girl next door, they meet at the fence and talk. Scares me-7 is WAY too young! And of course Nate is adorable- he looks so big!
After a little looking on line I found out that caterpillar is a Spicebush Swallowtail. Cool huh.
Melissa! So fun to see your blog. I found you through April's blog, I think. I can't believe how big Ashlyn and Sadie have gotten. And we never met Nate. What cuties! I'm very impressed at your cheese making skills. What a great thing to learn!
AH! I'm so happy Ashlyn and Sadie are weaving hot pads! I used to be obsessed with that when I was their age!! So cute!
Remind me not to moveto Missourri! Yuck! My kids have each taken their turn "catching" presents for mommy. With Melissa it was a grasshopper, Spencer got a cricket, Jenna gave me a moth and the big kicker was Jayden's wasp. (He's just lucky he didn't get stung!)
Are you trying to scare us away from coming? Better hide all those Spicebush Swallowtails before we get there! I didn't even think it was real.
Well ... the icky creature, the spicebush swallowtail, does turn into a beautiful butterfly. Who would of thought THAT! At first, I thought it was a Halloween decorations then after reading that Dave found it an placed it in a cup, I thought it was a mini snake or a banana slug. Cool? Not! I'll stick to the description of "icky".
Hi there stranger! I was talking to an aquaintence that lives in Rolla, MO. She could not believe that I knew someone else that lived there. Your kids are growing up too fast. We miss you in Georgia.
What the heck is that thing!?!?! It looks like something from a space movie!!!!
Post a Comment