Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This post is for me to remember...

...that it's all worth it. And they are cute, and just kids.

It was a long day with the kiddos. Lots of issues to work through, LOTS of patience needed that I had trouble finding, too much crying, lots of dishes, sweeping, bathing, etc. I'm exhausted - physically and mentally. After church the girls went straight to check on the animals in their "chicken coop boots". Dave saw them walking together and snapped the shot. They are good buddies, most of the time.

Bedtime is a favorite for Nate. He loves his bed. Tonight I walked him into his room while he was screaming so hard I hoped he'd stop for air. Then as soon as we reached the crib, he found the biggest smile and it was all play from there. Oodles of kisses, hugs, songs. He loves it. Then he bursts into tears when I walk out of the room. But then he snuggles up and quickly falls asleep. Funny boy.

Nate loves to give kisses. I don't know what's cuter - when he is giving a kiss, or the proud grin after he gave the kiss because he knows he did a cute thing. He has also learned to blow kisses - but he does it backhand style. He kisses the back of his hand and then sends it out to you. So cute. He gave kisses to everyone before going to bed.

FYI - we didn't plan for Nate's room to be green. It will get painted when we get around to it. It practically blinds you when you walk in.


Some are open-mouth kisses and some are closed-mouth. I love them both!

Some of the neighborhood girls having a popcicle in the shade. Baby Judy kept hopping up on the table to try and steal the show.
Moral of this post: When you have a hard day, look at pictures of your kids being really cute - it will remind you that it's all worth it.

9 comments:

PJ Productions said...

I'm sorry that you had a hard day, but I'm glad you are being so positive. Those pictures are sweet enough to melt any heart.

Gramma Bean said...

Hey Melissa! Great to find you in the Land Of Blogs! Thanks to friends who already knew! How is life going? Pictures look FUN! remember that bad days end when the good days begin! Make today a GREAT day! Love you and miss you!
Geri

The Fanning's Ark said...

Some days I feel like I'm the only one in the world who has rough days. My kids seem to have radar that let's them know when I'm on the edge and boy do they take advantage of that. On these days I make a special effort to go into their rooms after they're asleep and appreciate the angels they are.

emily said...

Sorry it was a hard day...glad to see you made the best of it, and tried to focus on happier things.

The Wilhelms said...

You have bad days??? You always seems so together! Glad to know you are normal:) Sorry that it was a rough one. Had one myself last night, Selah screaming, trying to bathe the boys, Bryan's working, Jonah's yelling up the stairs about something, and after I yell at him to get his pjs on already, I reaslize the window is open! Ha, guess the whole neighborhood heard about it! I can laugh about it today, and I felt better nursing Selah when the boys were in bed. Someone told me "the days are long, but the years are short." Isn't that the truth! Hope today's all smiles!

Andrea said...

I guess you need a bad day once in a while to appreciate the good ones!

Alicia said...

Sorry it was a hard day Meliss. I love you.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

What great advice. Looking at pictures of my kids always cheers me up too. Sorry it was a hard day. Hopefully everyone got a good rest and were happy again the next day.

Jamie said...

Thank goodness for a new day!!!