One of my favorite things to do is to listen to Dave play the guitar. I love watching the veins pop out of his head as he sings the really high notes. I love watching the girls dance around the room to his fun music. I love watching him play with Nate in his arms at the same time. I love seeing tears spill on his cheeks as he sings about our little babies. I could sit for hours and listen...and sometimes I do.
So for Dave's birthday, I thought I'd share one of my favorite things about him.
I wish I had a recording of this song, because the tune is amazing. But for now the words will have to do. This is a song Dave wrote to me for our anniversary this past year.
Everything
The first time I saw you you were singing
The world turned to black and you were light
I sat there and watched the way you moved
I watched you laugh and smile and scrunch your nose
I knew somehow somewhere that I would find you
Your face without a name burned in my mind
Chorus
You and I would walk life side by side
And bind through the high and through the deep
How could a stranger own my heart?
You were no stranger to me
The second time I saw you you were dancing
My timid head could not hold back my heart
I asked you to dance but someone beat me
The wait seemed like hours until my turn
I held you in my arms as I met you
With no idea that we'd never let go
The third time I saw you you saw me
The look on your face matched me inside
I sat right behind you and I watched you
The pounding in my chest consumed my mind
Just a stupid kid I had no clue
Had no clue that you were everything
Dave - I wish I could be as eloquent and creative with my words like you. We've been through high and we've been through deep and I love you higher and deeper than I did when we first met...and I loved you a lot then.
Thanks for everything you do for me and our family. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and know how loved and appreciated you are!
5 comments:
You guys are both so cute. Very cute song dave...and Melissa, That's pretty cute you like his veins popping out on his head as he sings. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!
How romantic! Steve bought me a piano 12 years ago and the only condition was that I write him a song. I think I'm inspired to finally get to it!
If I hold my breath really long my veins pop out too...maybe I'll start doing that more. I love you babe.
I've heard the song in person and it is so AWESOME!!!!!!! I think it should be posted live on this blog for all to enjoy!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Dave, Happy Birthday!!!
Wow you are so blessed to have such a great marriage. I am so happy for you guys! Happy Birthday Dave!
Post a Comment