We went to Glenwood Springs for a short ski trip over spring break. There are several beautiful ski resorts in Colorado but we chose the cheapest one since we still had beginning skiers who wouldn't care how fancy the mountain was. We loved getting to know Glenwood Springs. The drive there was so beautiful. I'm glad I wasn't driving so I could look out the windows at some amazing, majestic mountains.
The kids at the hot springs. I had no idea the hot springs would look like this. I pictured something a little more natural looking. It was really warm and they had a great time.One of our worries about an almost 7 year gap between Nate and the babies was being able to get out and do "older kid" activities before Ash goes off to college. So we decided to go for it and take the kids skiing. Dave took the older kids and they had such a fun day. I was so jealous when he would tell me how much fun they were having. I really wanted to watch the girls ski and Nate snowboard! I also wanted to get on some skis myself! We should have planned two days for skiing so we could eat take a turn going with the kids...next time.
It was 68 degrees on the slopes. Beautiful spring skiing!
The girls loved skiing and Nate loved snowboarding.
We stayed at a really fun hotel called "Hotel Colorado". It was built in 1893. There was some really neat history that we learned about!
Each night this older man would play on the grand piano. We sat and listened to him and then he asked if any of us play. Then he asked if our kids would each play. They all took a turn and he was so nice and listened to each of them.
Dave and the kids were having fun, but we were having fun, too! I thought it might be a long day stuck at a hotel with two babies. I was so wrong. The day went too fast. It was so fun to laze around with the babies and let them play with no time constraint at all! They had two nice naps while I got to read...it was so relaxing!
Anna went through the suitcase a few times. She had a blast doing it.
The big girls and little girls outside the hotel.One of the many fun things we did at the hotel. They loved crawling around this fun floor and exploring.
Then we went outside and had a picnic. It was so nice to sit there and watch them play with the grass and crawl around. I loved having nothing else to do except watch and play with my babies.
Our dinner picnic after the big kids got back from the slopes.
Nate couldn't wait to show me the videos Dave took of their day. Here we were gathered all around to watch the little phone.
Babies were sure happy to see Dad!















No comments:
Post a Comment