Friday, January 3, 2014
Twin Girls!!
2 days before Thanksgiving we received the most wonderful news to be thankful for. A birth mom chose us to adopt her twin girls. It was pretty exciting when the agency called and needed to get Dave and I on a conference call and then told us to sit down for the news. Excited is an understatement. They are due March 15 but we're told to plan on a month early with twins. So we're thinking some time in February we will be heading to Utah (where she is living right now). The mom is caucasian and the dad is Filipino (and the mom has red hair, green eyes and freckles). We will get them the day they are born. Soon we will hear what the "hospital plan" is which pretty much means when we see the babies for the first time.
The babies are around 2 pounds each and doing very well. This ultrasound picture was from about a month ago. I love the picture with their two heads right next to each other.
We are going to do a Skype call with the birth mom next week and that will be out first time to talk with her.
Since I'm not on Facebook, Instagram or anything like that, I'll probably just post updates on our old-fashioned blog. :)
We are so thankful and so happy to have these two babies join our family!
And if you're wondering how Nate is feeling about 2 more girls, he is fine. He just thinks that maybe he will get a gun sooner (the girls each got one on their 10th birthday) to keep some masculinity in the home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
We are sooooo excited for you! Can't wait to see your sweet little baby girls!
SO very happy for you guys! Can't wait to see what the girls look like!
How exciting!! Love you guys.
Congrats! This is wonderful news! I am so happy for you all!
This is the BEST news ever!! I am so thrilled for you, Dave, and the kids. What a wonderful blessing and exciting time. Can't wait for more details as they come!
Post a Comment