Today we got to "meet" the birth mom and dad via Skype. We were both a bit nervous because it's not your every day experience to meet the people who will be giving you their children. It went so much better than I expected. They were easy to talk to and so kind. We got to know them a bit and they got to know us. We asked questions and they asked questions. The mom had such a bright, big smile several times (especially when we talked about how excited we were for the babies or how much we appreciated her). She has such a cute look and it was fun to picture if the babies look anything like her. I felt so much love for her as we talked. I wanted to reach out and hug her…and some day I will. At one point they were thanking us for letting them choose us. Wow. We felt like we couldn't thank them enough. Such an amazing gift they are giving us and such a sacrifice with all the mom has to go through with carrying two babies! When they were talking about choosing us, they said they really liked that we have older kids to help and that the gap between Nate and the babies will make things easier with two newborns. Then the mom said "But I didn't pick you, God did."
I'm surprised I made it through the whole thing without crying!
She is doing really well physically and is still going on walks daily. The babies are doing well, too!
It was a wonderful thing to meet them and it made everything feel even more solid!
7 comments:
How neat. This is so exciting.
Oh Melissa! That is awesome! I knew it would go well and that as soon as they saw you and your family, that they would love you even more. We are so excited for you all!
So amazing. Thanks for sharing. I'm so excited for your family.
We're so excited to hear all about our new grandbabies coming!
Love, Susan
I don't know how you made it through that without crying! I am tearing up just reading about it. This is so wonderful. We are so excited for you guys, and Kenzie can't wait to meet her new cousins (though she probably already knows them)! They are going to have so much fun playing together.
So awesome! We are all so excited for theses little babies to come!
What a great experience...sounds like it was truly meant to be for all of you. Keep up the posts!!
Post a Comment