
Sadie turned 8! Ash wrapped up a homemade "Faith in God" bulletin board that she made for Sadie.

In case you are wondering why Nate is wearing gloves in the summer. It just happened to land on Sadie's birthday that the sugargliders were ready to be picked up. So Dave and the kids drove down to Denver to get our two newest pets. Pictures of them will show up here eventually. They are just a week old, so they are nervous about their new environment. Nate was wearing protective gear in case he got a little bite from "Window" or "Ice-cream". I think those are the latest name choices for the two little girl sugargliders.

We had a SURPRISE visit from Emily, Beck and Gibson...just 4 days after we arrived in Colorado. Beck and Gibson showed up at my door wearing Halloween costumes (with masks) holding some of our favorite snacks to eat together. We were all thrilled to have visitors! The kids had so much fun playing together...hide and seek was a highlight.

Ashlyn said that the boys and girls had some race, and the deal was that whoever won, got to do whatever they wanted to the other. So I guess the girls won and this was part of the deal. Ash took pictures - I didn't even know this happened until I looked on the camera.

On our drive to Colorado, we passed through Joplin. We decided to take the 15 minute drive off the freeway to find where the tornado hit. It was shocking to see the devastation there. I didn't know if I should smile or cry in the picture. Usually you smile for pictures, but we sure didn't feel like smiling in Joplin. So many sad scenes we passed by. Made us so grateful for what we have. I really wanted to stop, so the girls could have a visual in their mind when I explain that life really isn't fair, or when they complain about having to share or having to do chores or when they don't like the meal I prepare. Life could be worse...you could lose your house and everything in it...and many even lost family members.

Monday night we drove away from Rolla. Saturday night we had a bonfire in our backyard to burn all of our boxes and trash. We roasted s'mores to make for one more fun night with our friends.
3 comments:
Happy 8th Birthday Sadie!
happy birthday, sadie! wow, time flies! i hope you love fort collins-congrats to you and dave on your new 'civilian' life!-leigh
Beck doesn't look too happy in that picture! Happy birthday Sadie. We are excited for our next visit, whenever that may be. :)
Post a Comment