Eagerly Awaiting
Oh Mommy, Mommy, can't you see
I am waiting here in eternity
I watch you love me, I see your face
It's o.k., I feel your heart's warm embrace.
And like soft fluttering of angel wings,
I will speak to you of heavenly things.
Of course together we will be,
You and me, our whole family.
But until that day so priceless and sweet,
I'll keep praying, "Help her know please!"
I too, am eagerly awaiting.
I love this poem that Kristi wrote me on Brie's 1st birthday, along with a cross stitch she made of a little girl looking out the window...waiting. It is precious to me and always will be.
We celebrated Brie's birthday yesterday since we are having company coming in town today. Ash was pretty sad, and she hurried off to our room to be alone. I came in and found Dave and Ash looking at pictures of Brie on the computer. We all looked at them together, and I fell in love with this picture all over again. I love it. So many memories.
I loved reminiscing at what a thoughtful girl Ashlyn was as a mature little 4 year old at the time. I loved that she gave her special doll to Brie. I loved thinking about how calm Sadie was (which was and is a rare thing) when we had the open casket at the funeral. It was high on my list of tender mercies to see such an energetic girl acting so sweet and still as she said good-bye to her little sister.
Oh, how we love and miss our little girl!

15 comments:
Oh the tears. I love the picture of Dave and Brie. You guys are so amazing.
We'll be thinking of her too today - and your family. You guys are great examples to me I hope you know...
You are amazing people and I will never forget that time. How blessed we are to know she is waiting for you in heaven.
Melissa, i love that picture of dave and brie as well. We'll be thinking of your family today.
Happy Birthday Brie. Kristi wrote an amazing poem ... a keepsake forever.
Thinking of you while you're thinking of her.
Thinking of you guys. You are one amazing family!
I'll never forget the time you told us of your sweet little ones that have passed on... how blessed you guys are to have these perfect little ones in your family waiting for you and cheering you on each day! Angels round about us ... As Hannah said: oh the tears! HUGS!
what a tender post. i love that picture as well as your words. you guys have always been so amazing!
I've been thinking of you and your family! Sweet poem and sweet picture.
Our love to you guys. What a sweet family you have. I thank Heaven for the chance I had to hold a little angel in my arms.
Love, Susan
The picture with Dave and Brie is such a treasure. What a loving daddy. I remember five years ago how strong you were. Each week you and Dave seemed to be closer, it was an incredible bond to witness.
What an amazing picture! She is beautiful! What an amazing family! My heart goes out to you...you have been in my thoughts all week! Five years already! Love you so much!
It truly is a beautiful picture of Dave and Brie. And then such a sweet one of Nate with the candles. I am sure Brie was smiling down as she watched you all celebrate!
Oh, Meliss. I can't stop crying after reading this. The number of heart-rending things your family has endured! But I'm SO glad you took beautiful pictures of this gorgeous baby Brie! My mom lost a baby (although not full term- at 6 mos. pregnancy, but it was still a perfect, little girl) and regrets so much not having pictures of her. I have no doubt she's waiting patiently for you in heaven...but it's so painful not to have her here on Earth with you!! I think of you often, but haven't checked your blog for awhile. Love to you and your family!!
Post a Comment