
Sadie loves taking care of baby Aleeya. She's the first to get her out of her bassinet or to feed her a bottle.

The other day, I heard Nate in the kitchen at the sink. I wondered what he was doing. Then he ran to me saying "Mom! I made Aleeya a bottle!" Sure enough he had...top screwed on and all! I just had to wonder how much formula went in that bottle.

Afternoon snack. My friend loaned us this Bumbo and Aleeya loves it. The girls always want her as the table centerpiece now. She's a cute centerpiece.

I know some may shriek at this picture. It was actually pretty funny to me. Nate loves his guns. He loves the click it makes, and he will do this over and over. Naturally, he assumed that Aleeya would love the clicking sound. He was clicking the gun over and over, right at her ear so she could hear it. The scene was really nothing as it appears in the picture. He was happily entertaining her.

Aleeya is a tiny little thing. She weighs 11 pounds and is almost 5 months. She fit in perfectly with the girls' doll stroller.


Dressing her up already...and she is such a good sport about it. She hardly ever cries - unless she is hungry or ready to sleep.

Ashlyn took the picture of me. One day Ash buckled Dayton in for a stroller ride. Nate squeezed in the back and they were ready for a ride. I put Aleeya in the bjorn and we were ready to go. Ash and Sadie accompanied us on their bikes. We have some fun walks around the neighborhood.

We gave Dayton a haircut. He didn't want one, so Ash hugged him while Dave cut..and that was enough to calm Dayton down.

He looks so handsome with his haircut. It looked cute long, but it was always in his eyes.
And for the update on these kids: There will be a court date on Tuesday where the judge will decide if they will go with their mom to drug rehab or if they will stay with us. The attorney who was originally voting for the kids to go back with their mom, has since changed his mind. All of the case workers are voting that the kids stay with us. We'll see how the judge rules. Tuesday will decide a lot. If they don't go to rehab with mom, then most likely they will be with us several months. The mom will have a long list of things to do in order to earn custody back.
We love them so much already!
5 comments:
Oh Melissa you are a saint! Those babies are lucky to get all the time they can in your home. Beautiful family. I got chills and tears in my eyes as I saw and read about baby Brie. So many memories is true for me too. You are a hero of mine!
You look like you are in heaven. We are praying hard for all of you. Can't wait to hear how Tuesday goes.
Jen
Melissa! You are amazing! Those kids are so lucky to have you. We are sure thinking about you guys.
Those kids are just darling!! Are they from two different families? I, too, totally teared up when I saw that one picture of you with Aleeya (sp?) in the Bjorn with your other kids...You were simply BEAMING!!
I cannot begin to express how lucky those babies are to have you all! And are you serious...they really thought about sending a little baby to REHAB with her mother?!? Ugh...I'm speechless! It says a LOT about you two that even the other attorney agreed the kids should stay with you!!
You are ALL in my prayers. I know it must be scary to think of the future. Just take one day at a time and enjoy each moment with those precious little babies! And thank you for including me in your blog readers!!
I love how happy you look in that picture going for a walk. So happy for you guys! I'm sure those kiddo's love being in your home. :)
Wish I could come and help somehow with the adjustment!
Post a Comment