Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dorito Bouquet

Dave knows that flowers are one of my favorite things. He also knows that I think it's a waste of money to spend the extra money for flowers on V-day when the prices are all higher. He also knew that his boring wife suggested to be frugal on V-day and not buy gifts. This presented Dave with a dilemma.

So when we sat down to our V-day dinner that he made me last night, he brought out this beautiful bouquet of Dorito roses.
Next to flowers, Doritos are high on my favorites list. I love to eat healthy food...except when I am presented with Doritos. All health consciousness leaves me and I could devour a bag in no time.
Dave spent an hour and a half hot-gluing Doritos, one by one, to chopsticks. He had to wait til each one was completely dried before starting the next chip. Good thing there were chips left in the bag because these flowers weren't quite so edible after all of the glue was put on.
Is there something I can do to make these last forever? It makes me smile every time I walk by and see them.
A lot of women like diamonds and jewelry and fancy restaurants. Not me. I am quite content with a bag of Doritos for a gift. I have really classy taste-buds, I know.

15 comments:

Seriously... said...

ummm...that is AWESOME. i love it!!!! dave is a genius. you need to send this to martha stewart or something and get dave on her show! so cute. hope you guys had a great v-day!!!

Lhone said...

that is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Seriously, you should take those pictures to a bunch of magazines. it could be the next big thing! where did he get the idea?

Holbrook Girls said...

That is awesome! I agree with Kendra! You should totally send that in to Martha.

Mom said...

Dave, You are a talented boy! 'So sweet!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Love, Mom

Emily said...

Wow, those are amazing... I thought they were real at first!

emily said...

Are you kidding me?! WOW DAVE. You get bonus points for creativity.

P.S. Was there spinach dip as the soil?

Brittany said...

haha that is awesome!! Good work Dave! I am impressed! You guys really should send those in to Martha Stewart, Real Simple or something! Martha does like unique ways of making flowers! hehe

The Wilhelms said...

Those are totally awesome! Very creative...WAY better than Roses! Do you think they would survive in a shadowbox or something?

Dr. John said...

I can definitely see Dave making the Enrichment Night circuit with his latest craft; and before long Dorito Bouquets will be displayed on dining room tables throughout the country.

Shelly

Anonymous said...

Dave,

You get an A++ for creativity! Melissa, this gift was ALL about love!!!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

That is very cool! What a creative husband.

Jamie said...

THAT is AWESOME!!!!

Sheri said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!

Andrea said...

This is why I love you! And man, does Dave have more talents than anyone I know?! What a cute couple you are! Loves!

Jen said...

hilarious. awesome. ingenious.