Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just had to write it down


Sadie came home from school today, and it was just the two of us. Nate was still asleep, and Ash was at her writing club after school. I love when it is just the two of us. She told me all about her day at school. I don't think it will be half as funny from my writing, and without her voice and facial expressions. Here goes:


Here's how Sadie said it:

Today Hannah wanted me to play with her at recess. She asked me if I wanted to do something. I couldn't understand what she asked me to do, but I said yes anyway. She wanted to teach me how to slide down rocks. I didn't really want to do that. Hannah and Mikaya started talking for a minute, and I noticed that they were talking. So I ran away.


Later while asking Sadie more about it, I asked her if she ran fast. She said she ran so fast.


I can't stop laughing about this. Every time I think about it, I laugh so hard. Just picturing Sadie not wanting to do what the girls were doing, watching for a moment to get away and then running like lightning across the playground to freedom.


I can picture it so well.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love those times when you get one on one with your kids. They are so rare, and yet so memorable.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

So cute! I am glad she can run when she doesn't like what people are doing. It will come in handy in the future.

Michiko said...

I am glad you got to capture the moment. Even though it might not be the same written down, every time YOU read the story, you will remember all the expressions that went with it for a long time to come. Cute girl!