
Today Ashlyn went out to breakfast with her wonderful piano teacher. A while back, Mrs. Houser told Ashlyn that when she could play (didn't have to be perfected and polished) the 3 Minuets in a row in her Suzuki book, that she would take her out to breakfast. She calls it the Minuet Breakfast. I felt bad that she had to drive so far to come get Ash, but she insisted. They went to Denny's and Ashlyn got chocolate chip pancakes. They had a great time.
I tried to record Ash playing her 3 Minuets (so Grandma could hear), but had lots of interruptions. It wasn't quite like a recital atmosphere as Nate was running all around, and Sadie was on my lap reading to me (while I was recording). I also cut out several of the repeats to make the pieces a bit shorter.
Oh, and Nate is the opening start on the video. He wanted to be recorded, too. Turn your volume down for his performance. :)
4 comments:
Ashlyn!
You have a lot of musical talent! I love how your hands dance across the keyboard and you are SO posed. Your breakfast treat sounds yummy; certainly a deserving treat from your dedicated work. Nice job.
Love, Karla
p.s. Nate is just plain adorable!!
Nice work Ashlyn! That is a cute thing your teacher does. I really like Nate's performance as well. :)
I LOVE IT! Meliss! The kids are so cute and I can't wait to catch up! Foster Care classes? And adoption?!!! That's wonderful! I can't wait to talk. I'll try you tomorrow when Jake takes his nap :)
xoxoxoxox
I miss you
What a beautiful, sweet girl with a wonderful talent. We love you, Ahlyn! You need to play for us at Christmas time!
Love you, Grandma Walton
Post a Comment