
Nate is standing by some (not all) of the fireworks set off in our backyard on the 4th. It was about 2 1/2 hours straight of a big fireworks show!

The kids having a fun picnic.

The boys had so much fun playing setting off the fireworks. They got pretty good at timing them to go off at the same time.

Dave and I went on a shooting date this morning. Dave has always wanted me to learn how to shoot his gun so I can be prepared in the middle of the night. I have warned him that I think I would faint or have a heart attack before holding my hands still enough to shoot an intruder...but I suppose it's a good idea to try and be prepared. I had a ton of fun shooting the balloon targets that we set up. Our friend has some beautiful property with 14 acres - and the perfect set-up for shooting. He is a gun expert (compared to us) and gave me a great lesson.

I also got to try a handgun. This one had some kick!

Dave was definitely in his element on our date.

Nate loves the girls' sewing teacher. He wanted a picture with her, too.

The girls were SO excited to finish their dresses that they sewed. Their teacher is strict (and wonderful) and really teaches them their stuff. If they don't sew their line just so, she has them unpick it and redo it. They are learning a lot!
6 comments:
Our shotgun (being a 20 gauge) seemed about right for Meliss, but I was very impressed at seeing her shoot the 45 Colt 1911. It had a bit of kick. The whole way home she kept begging me to get an assault rifle. We'll see...
I'm sure she was begging you for an assault rifle...ha ha ha.
Those dresses are great! i remember sewing lessons as a girl! My teacher was not so strict - my shorts didn't fit very well. :)
Maybe we will get an assault rifle and use it on our snake when it reaches 5 feet and is NOT allowed in our home. :)
Steve got me an AR-15 for my birthday. Somehow I don't think it was for me so much as for him...
And I really like your sewing teacher. Those are the great kind. The strict ones with a loving smile!
So .... when is deer season? In my mind Melissa, you make cards, dip chocolate, decorate cakes, gather eggs, milk goats, teach, and now ... learning how to use assault weapons. You are THE pioneer woman of the South! :)
Girls, NICE job with the dresses! Too cute!!
Meliss you look so tough! Nice abs by the way. And love Nate-o's haircut.
Post a Comment