
Today I was having a "Brie" moment where it hits me how much I love and miss her. Nate was right by me, and noticed my facial expressions changing (happy to SAD) and he got such a concerned look on his face. He hurried for a tissue, and gently wiped each little tear. Then he followed a tear with his finger as it trickled down my cheek. Then he got the tissue, wrapped it around my nose and made the sound of a nose blowing, so I would blow into the tissue. Then he said "hug" as he held his arms open wide and wrapped those sweet arms tight around my neck. Then he hurried to check how my sad face was doing. His sweet face reminded me of how much I love HIM and how much I miss my Brie and how I wish I could see her at this cute age. We held each other while I cried a bit more...sad and happy tears. Oh how I love my little boy. I wonder if he'll ever know how much joy he's brought to his mama's aching heart.
7 comments:
They gotta know don't you think? Seriously, sometimes during those 'Brie' kind of moments, don't you think Nate KNOWS exactly why you are sad?
Too bad Nate's not here to wipe my tears as I read your email. Someday.......
Mom
I am so glad that you have such a sweet little guy taking care of you in those sad moments.
They don't get any sweeter than that. I'm glad you wrote that down.
It hurts when those moments come. I am so glad Nate was there to help your heart.
What a sweetie! Precious moments for sure!
I'm so glad that Nate was there to help turn your sad moment into a sad/glad moment! That's the most precious thing ever. Maybe Brie was "helping" him out...
Post a Comment