Friday, March 13, 2009

Brainwashing at Bedtime

I am sorry to the girl Nate marries. I'm sorry, because his daddy brainwashed him when he was so little to know better. I am sorry if Nate insists on owning snakes. It's not my fault. I tried.





Most people don't like snakes crawling on their backs. Nate thought it was fun. Not me. Last night I was on my bed, with Dave closeby as we were chatting about the day. I was lying on my stomach, and Dave was holding Rolly. Next thing I know, I see out of the corner of my eye, a SNAKE crawling around my back!! I shrieked for Dave to get that thing off my back. He was surprised that I didn't want her on my back - he thought I was getting quite comfortable with Rolly and was liking her a lot. I can handle her just fine. But I wouldn't say I like her. Especially not on my back.

This would give me nightmares.





Last Sunday afternoon Nate, Dave and I were taking a nap. The girls made a restaurant for us while we were sleeping. It was buffet style. The main dish was PBand J sandwiches - my favorite for a Sunday meal. They made their favorite "snack" mix with all of the random snacks they can find in the house.But they were so sweet about it, we had to indulge. They were super cute waitresses and wouldn't let us lift a finger.














3 comments:

Andrea said...

I guess if you start young enough they don't have any fear. And I LOVE the restaurant thing. Michelle and I used to play that when we were little too!

emily said...

You calmly asked him to get it off your back?! I would've rolled over on it in my panic to get it away from me!!

The Wilhelms said...

Nate looks so cute with the snake in his bed! And the picture of the snake on the rail- it's kind of like a dog watching over the young child!
And what wonderful daughters you have making you snacks while you are napping!