So happy to have a snake in our house!
Dave is posting here: It happened. The long awaited family pet arrived today. We all went on a drive to Jefferson City for a piano "festival". Afterwards we picked up our new ball python. Meliss wasn't crazy about the idea at first but she came around. On our drive home we tried to figure out the best name for it. Elizabeth, Sarah, Sherman...were all proposed but didn't seem quite right. Meliss had the idea of Raliegh because it sounds like Rolla, MO. We had a tortoise when we lived in San Francisco and named it Frisco...it fit. Everybody took turns holding it, even Meliss. We had to video Nate holding and kissing it. Raliegh is about 4 months old and can live 30-50 years! He/she can grow to 4-6 feet in length and will eat rats by then. Thanks Meliss for putting up with another snake in the home. Before you know it you'll be working in the kitchen with it around your neck!
9 comments:
coming from hawaii where i need not worry about such atrocities, i need a warning when that sort of a picture greets me first thing in the morning!!!!!! AUGH!! ;) j/k, he's actually kinda cute with his head popping up like that... yeah, i said it...cute. i know noone in the fam wiill believe me. ;)
No way!!! I can't believe Melissa agreed! good for you! It made me cringe watching the video. 4-6 feet? Where would you put him when he's that big? Totally cute...from 6 states away!
Are you kidding me? Where did the sensible Melissa we all know and love go?
I'm in love with Dave. That's all the reason I have for all you that think I am crazy.
So 20 years from now, when it's bigger than your grown children, where will you keep it???
p.s. That video of Nate kissing and cuddling the snake is sooooo cute, and so bizarre! I LOVE it.
Becky
You're amazing Melissa! I think you are definitely outnumbered in your family. It looks like Dave has them all loving reptiles. I'm not sure if I should be flattered or concerned that 2 of my girls' names were being considered as snake names. And people seem to like to name their dogs Heidi.
4 - 6 FEET?!! Yiy. Ya, send me a picture of Melissa in 5 years, with that snake around her neck making some awesome cheese cake...I'll believe it when I see it.
Post a Comment