
The girls and I had too much fun putting Ashlyn's cake together. My good friend here loaned me all of her fancy cake decorating supplies and we went to town making a total disaster in the kitchen.

Ash wanted two flavors - and yes, it is a 5 layer cake. Ash wanted to try both, so here is how her piece looked. Quite the tall piece of cake. We had to get out a dinner plate. Ashlyn picked the chocolate layer for Grandpa when he comes tomorrow because he loves chocolate cake!


Ashlyn's girl is on the left, Sadie's is on the right. They could have spent all day making creations with the fondant.

They were so proud of their finished product!

Saturday we took Ash and a few friends to a reptile ranch and although it was a sort of rundown place, the animals were so cool! Notice Jafar, the tiger, behind us.

We all took turns holding the alligator. Even I held it by MYSELF! It was scary, but I did it.

Dave is trying to brainwash Nate into thinking that we need an alligator for a pet. NO, we do not, Nate.

Ashlyn is getting baptized this Saturday and can hardly wait!
8 comments:
WOW! Now THAT'S a CAKE! It is gorgeous!!! I'm impressed with the 5 layers. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ashlyn. It is hard to believe you are already 8 years old!
Love,
Karla and John #2
What a BEAUTIFUL cake! Looks like there will be PLENTY of leftovers when Grandpa and I get there tomorrow night! Aren't we the lucky ones!
See you soon!
Grandma Shelly
The cake looks great! What fun! I can't believe Ashlynn is 8, that means mine will be 8 soon...EEK! Hope it was a great day for all...and Nate is right, an alligator is the perfect new addition to the Walton's Farm. (I'm proud of you Melissa...holding it all alone!)
What is it with you and bugs? Yeah, that alligator looks like one BIG GIANT BUG, only it's got teeth and you can't smash it!
And that cake is absolutely AMAZING!
wow wow wow. You guys should also have a baking business - using your fresh eggs!!
Don't tell Rebecca about Saturday. Her b-day is Sunday and she has to wait until the 14th to be baptized. We are excited for you guys tho. Happy Birthday!
Meliss! Your mom told she they were coming out for Ashlyn's baptism! That's so exciting and amazing to me that she's already at that stage! Love to you all!
Enjoy! We are thinking about you!
Love,
Ju
Happy birthday ashlyn!!! hope you have a great day tomorrow! (today by now)
i LOVED you beautiful cake decorations!
Post a Comment