Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nate's Chore

Mom, I am soooooooooooo happy that you put my coat on and my boots so I could go out and collect the eggs. That's one of my favorite things in the world to do. Anything outside. Anything with animals. Anything with shoes on. I don't care that it is FREEZING outside.

(To all of my SF friends with boys Ashlyn's age...I remember you saying things like "He's just dying to get outside" and I just didn't know what you were talking about. Ash could have stayed inside for a month and been fine. Now I know what little boys are like.)


Do I dare enter the chicken-poop zone? I've got my basket, I better just go for it. Oh, one chicken is sitting there laying. I'll wait for her to finish (this was a real part of our experience).

I don't think eggs ever crack. I'll just toss each one in the basket. Lesson learned. Next time I better hand them to mom, then she can gently place them in the basket.


Hi Mom! I'm all done with my chore!

See all the eggs I got? Now I'll bring them inside and show "Ah" and "Boo". Their egg business is doing so well. I am sure it is because of the egg collector.


Dave and I started an intermediate swing class. 3 other couples from the ward joined us and so it makes it extra fun! We like to show off what we learned at class to the kids and then they want to learn everything! We have some wild dance parties at our house!

I just love how Sadie is looking at her Daddy - like he is the greatest thing ever...which he is.




Nate was having more fun than it appears in the picture.







5 comments:

The Wilhelms said...

You guys look like you are really having a blast dancing- I am jealous. Bryan always has some excuse- usually really good ones, but still. I love the story about the eggs. What a great big helper Nate is!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

What a big helper. Sean is always wanting to get outside too. It is fun that you have a great chore for Nate to do. He must feel so big.

Alicia said...

I love that he's already doing his chores so faithfully. Those Waltons are good workers

emily said...

Nate looks the most grownup I've ever seen in those pictures! You ought to make him a padded basket. :)

Cathie said...

What a darling little egg collector and dancers! It is so fun to see pictures of your family. You look amazing!