Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ashlyn's Poem

Spring
Green, burnt trees wave in the breeze
Pink, cheerful flowers bloom in the sun
Violet clouds move in the sky
Yellow pollen sprints through the mist
Red birds fly through the air
Brown, damp mud hardens on the ground
Sage grass grows and appears on the floor
Gray chipmunks bounce inbetween hills
Orange butterflies flicker down the slopes
Blue skies fill the racing streams
Oh! Spring, the time of my life!

9 comments:

emily said...

She has the most creative little mind. Cute picture to go along with it!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Wow ... I think you have a budding millionare poet up and coming! Happy Fall!

Karla said...

I can see a childrens book coming written by Ashlyn Walton!

Ashlyn, nice job. When reading your words, I felt the season of Spring.

Seriously... said...

that's really really really good! i love the picture of her on the swing set (is she writing it there?) so cute.

Melissa Walton said...

Yep - Ashlyn's working on her poem in the picture. She wanted to write a poem, and started it in our classroom. Then she asked if she could write it outside for some more ideas. Of course she could! That's the beauty of doing school at home!

Melissa Walton said...

Ashlyn, I love your poem! Your words paints beautiful, vivid pictures in my mind! I'll have to get a copy of your poem along with the photo of you writing it!

Melissa Walton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenn goodman said...

Oh my heavens. I looooove that picture, Melissa! Truly priceless.

Becky Hardt said...

That poem Ashlyn wrote is amazing! It could have been written by a grown up! She is really talented. Is that something the girls are learning in school???

aunt becky