
I always did, and so did Ashlyn and Sadie. I loved school as a kid, and always got so excited for it to start. I loved writing spelling words over and over (crazy, I know) and loved to change my handwriting according to my mood. I loved teaching school, and that's why I did for 10 years! I got just as excited every fall when I would get a new load of students that I could teach. I love newly sharpened pencils, and new books to read! So when my kids were little (really little), and I wasn't teaching and they weren't in school... I still got butterflies just
thinking about school and that other people got to start school in the fall (these days they seem to want to start school while we're still in the middle of summer). Dave thinks I'm crazy for loving school so much. He's a little burnt out of school at the moment. The girls couldn't wait for their first day of school! We went shopping the day before to get a new school outfit and they insisted on matching...even their hair style. I teach them at home in the morning, and then they go to school for the fun stuff like recess, music, art and pe, from 1-3 in the afternoon.

Nate and I waited on the front lawn for the girls! It seemed to take forever for the bus to finally come to our house!!! They ride the bus home and Sadie thought it was a blast, while Ashlyn thought it was scary. Scary? I asked her why...and it was because the bus driver went too fast. That's my Ashlyn for ya!

The other night Dave went to tuck in the little friends before we went to bed. He called from his cell to come out quick and to bring the camera. The goats have their own side...and this is not it. This is the chicken/turkey side. There is a little chicken door, and I guess the goats have figured out how to squeeze in. I guess all of the animals want to snuggle together. The other night they snuggled a little too close. One chicken came over to the goat side, and snuggled in too tight...and we woke up to a smashed chicken. Poor Ashlyn bawled for a good half hour...and was upset for the next 2 hours. Then she called everyone she could think of to share her sad, sad news.
5 comments:
Your girls look so cute! Hope they had a good first day. Courtney's been nervous/excited to start all week.
So sad to hear about the chicken. I hope it wasn't Courtney's favorite. She'll probably cry too.
Your matching girls are SO cute!!! My first days sending Beck...I just watch the clock, wondering when when when when will that bus come!
Ohhh...poor chickie! I would have cried, too. I'm sorry, Ashlyn!
And yes, I totally remember the butterflies. But I was always sad to go back to school, to be honest. For one thing, I always spent most of my summers up at Garrod Farms at my horse camps, so I was heartbroken to have to leave my horsies and go back to school. But English was my fave subject...and especially spelling, like you, Meliss!
I can't believe the girls get the best of both worlds... Mom teach them the important stuff and then get to go be with lots of other kids for the fun stuff!! That's awesome... my kids would love it. Kaylee and Mckay didn't get butterflies but Griffin told me before getting out of the car "Mom, I think I have an ulcer..."
Oh I loooove back to school! Back "home", the leaves are orange, the air is crisp. Brand new clothes, hair cuts and shoes!
I hear ya - school DOES start in the middle of summer here in AZ! A lot of schools started the last week of July. Ours started August 6. What happened to starting in September??!! :)
The girls look just adorable. :)
Post a Comment