
Happy Birthday Nate! Checking on you last night before we went to bed, I just cried thinking about how much joy you have brought to your family this past year. You sure know how to make a mama's heart feel better. Do you have to grow up? Just not
too fast, ok?
I guess I've "matured" in my own way over the years. I remember other first birthdays and doing big cakes and parties that took lots of time and energy. This year I made Nate's cake earlier in the week and through it in the freezer. We had a simple meal, and I spent the day on the floor with Nate, trying to soak in every bit of
him that I could. I loved it.

Nate is so excited about his new tractor with farm animals. He loves to push it all around the room and stop once in a while to check on the animals. Thanks Karla!!

Sadie gave Nate a box of tissue. How cool for a baby to have a whole box and be allowed to take every tissue out, one at a time. Nate loved this! We had tissue and Nate's b-day toys all over the floor, and it made me smile so much that I wouldn't let anyone clean it up tonight. It just reminds me of a fun one-year-old life being excited about tissue and that wrapping paper is cooler than the present! I love to sit and watch Nate's face and try and wonder all that's going on in his little mind.

Oops- forgot to turn this one. And it's too late (meaning, I'm tired and need to go to bed) to go back and fix it. A while back, Ash bought Nate a cowboy gun with her own money. Nate kept sticking the gun in my mouth and Dave kept take pictures of that. Hmmm...
I love this boy...more than words.

And now for the fun. Nate was a bit shy of the cake at first. He hasn't had any treats yet (that I know of) in his long 1 year of life. He started by poking at it, and then just staring at it. But once he got going, he kept going. Although I don't know how much actually went in his mouth. He loves to feed us, so some of the cake went in our mouths, and Nate loves to send his food on rides to the ground through various cubby-holes in his high chair. It makes him so happy to look over the edge and see his food that landed on the ground.

By the way- this is one of our new favorite recipes! It's a chocolate-zucchini cake recipe that we got from Jamie - thank you for introducing it to us!
I better hurry and post this before I cry too much. I just enjoyed the day and tried to not think too much about my baby growing up. But looking at these pictures for too long is reminding me and making me sad.
Thank you Nate, for brightening our year! We all love you so very much!
11 comments:
A day worth celebrating!
Happy #1 Birthday Nate! After we looked at the pics we summed it up ... Nate likes Cake! What a fun, fun day for Nate.
I love the cake pictures! Isn't life through the eyes of a child so much more fun? I remember the last time I was at Disneyland (pre-kids) was when I was 15 or 16, and it seemed a little lame. Then I went again (remember that time?) with you guys, and I loved it, because I loved that the kids were having so much fun. I kind of feel that same way about birthdays. My own are "whatever" to me now, but I love kid birthdays! Just look at the way Nate is loving that cake and his tissue box!
I totally agree with Michiko's comment. Life through your children's eyes is way more fun. Happy Birthday Nate!!!
Looks like Nate had a wonderful day! I think that turning one is the hardest milestone (well, so far...16 and 18 are probably going to be a little rough, too!)It is such a great, innocent, happy age- with no backtalking! I feel for you though, as Noah is turning 3 this week and I truly do not want to let him! And let's not discuss how old I feel everytime one of the kids has a birthday! Happy Birthday Nate! And congrats on making it through another first year Melissa!(And Dave!)
Happy Birthday Nate! I think One is such a great age! What a doll.
Happy Birthday Nato Potato!! I love the 1 year old. I love the tissue present!! Darling pictures.
Happy Birthday Nate! Love how much he LOVED his cake!
I LOOOVE Nate's cake eating pictures! Those are Hallmark worthy.
Happy birthday, Nate. If you try, maybe you'll catch up to Cora soon!
Love, Chad and Becky and Cora
Happy Birthday Nate!! We gave Audrey a box of tissues on her first b-day also, so much fun! He sure is a darling boy.
Happy Birthday to Nate! He is DEFINITELY worth celebrating! And that cake picture is the CUTEST!!!
Wow- that tissue box idea is brilliant! I never would have thought of it. If only I still loved things as simplistic as a tissue box, my life would be GREAT! ;)
I can't believe how fast this year has flown by! You've got me in tears too. Babies grown up too fast. I think you're right about slowing down and just enjoying them.
Post a Comment