Friday, August 15, 2008

Soccer in the rain...my kind of afternoon

This afternoon the girls ran around the neighborhood inviting kids to come play soccer at our house. We had so much fun! It rained for most of the game - but that just made it more fun. None of the kids seemed to mind so we just kept playing. It brought back lots of memories of soccer games and practice in the rain - I love it! Nate played with us and did quite well...our little soccer player in training (Dave held Nate while they ran around, and Dave would let Nate kick the ball and get in on the action)!
The girls brought snack for their classes today. We made little happy apple faces.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Okay, Melissa! You and the girls are just too creative. I love your "Happy Apple" snacks. I imagine snack time was a hit at school. I love, love, love the idea!

Jen said...

Those are sooo cute, how fun!!
Melissa, Sadie looks so much like you in that picture!

The Wilhelms said...

I miss soccer in the rain, that was the best as a kid! I expect that we will get some of that this season, but it seems like there is always thunder and lightening with rain here! We have had to cancel practice a couple of times already. Looks like everyone had fun, especially Nate! And the apples were adorable. I bet they tasted good too!

jenn goodman said...

I love your backyard!!! Looks like you had such a fun afternoon!

What a cool moment!