Thursday, May 8, 2008

"Food, Glorious Food"

Nate went to the doctor this morning and got the ok to eat solid food again! I could hardly wait to feed him real food! As soon as we got home, I shoveled his favorite food, sweet potatoes, into his mouth as fast as I could. He loved it. I don't have a picture of it, because I was busy feeding him on my lap because we don't have the highchair out yet. But, I just had to let you all know (those of you who have been anxiously awaiting with us for Nate to be able to eat again)!!

Something I DO have a picture of...Smoothie Sadie


Yesterday I made our first summer smoothie (it's been in the 80s here and it is smoothie time). Sadie was up on the counter helping me. The blender was a little too full and I wanted to add a few more things, so I put a little bit in a tupperware to make more room in the blender. Well, Sadie wanted to do some of her own mixing, so she sort of put the tupperware lid on, but it wasn't tight. She started shaking full force and the smoothie went everywhere. You wouldn't believe how high berry smoothie flew in the kitchen, on the fridge, counter, walls. It was quite the mess. We all had a good laugh over it and had to take a picture. The girls were in their swim suits ready to take their smoothies outside and run in the sprinklers.

5 comments:

emily said...

yeah for Nate! "smooth move" sadie! :)

Karla said...

Yipee! I imagine Nate is TOTALLY in heaven! About the kitchen ... amazing how tossed berries can make a white kitchen look a little bit like a crime scene! Sounds like you all are having a fun day. ENJOY!

Heidi said...

What a mess but a super cute picture. I'm so glad Nate seems to be doing so well and is able to eat again. I can't imagine all you've been through.

Alicia said...

I love that you laughed instead of getting mad! And so fun for Nate that he finally gets to eat!!!

Jessica said...

You're such a good mom for making a huge mess into a fun experience for your kids. I'm so glad Nate is eating now!