Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nate will never know...

...the days of his daddy being in school. So we took this picture to prove it. This was at the Medical College of Georgia's graduation where Dave got his Master's in oral biology. Most of Ashlyn's pigtail was out by the time Nate was done pulling at it. Nate has 3 heads full of hair that he LOVES to get his hands on. Way to go Dave!
If you look carefully, you can see Dave's right cheek is a little puffy from a root coverage surgery he had done just 2 days before graduation. I think if you look close you might even be able to see a suture (not that you want to look close).

This picture sums up Mother's Day. The girls busily prepared my throne to sit in while they gave me presents. I think the highlight of Mother's Day was sitting in church with Nate tight in my arms, watching Ashlyn and Sadie beam at me during the primary's M-day songs. I think Sadie had trouble focusing on the songs because she was so busy smiling at me...and I loved it.
This sums up how we feel this week. Nate just finished his first avacado and LOVED it. He is so happy eating regular food again, although he is my most picky eater so far. As long as it is a banana, avacado or sweet potato, he's happy. We are also smiling because we have a contract on our house here! That "under contract" sticker slapped across our "for sale" sign is a beauty! We are relieved to be able to leave here without a house to still make payments on.


And last, but not least. Today was the big "Bookworm Party"!! A while back the girls wanted to do reading logs where they could earn things for reading a certain amount of books. So together we made a plan, but I let them pick the prizes they wanted to earn. Their big prize after reading their goal of books was to have a book party. I secretly hoped they would forget, because we sort of have a lot going on right now, but they didn't. So today was our party.
They invited just a few girls and had the best time. Ash and Sadie made bookmarks for everyone that we got laminated so they looked "professional". We played "book-walk" (like a cake-walk) and each time someone won, they got to pick from a pile of books we got from the bargain sales at Border's. We played "name that book" where I quoted a book (I did some homework ahead of time), and they had to say what book it came from.
For a snack, they made a "bookworm treat" with dirt dessert and bookworms hiding inside.



9 comments:

Karla said...

What a turn of events! Congratulations Dave! Happy Mother's Day to Melissa (love the throne). Nate enjoys bananas, avacados and sweet potatoes (he looks great). The girls earned a fun bookworm party! And, you have a contract on your home!!

I love the pics!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Melissa! I'm so glad things are coming together for you guys ... graduation, contract and a PARTY ... what more could one ask for! We've LOVED getting to know you guys - you have been a great friend and counselor! We will surely miss you guys!

emily said...

Bookworm pary! Cute idea!!! Glad life is turning positive, although you never talked negatively about it in the first place...

PJ Productions said...

I am so happy that Dave is finally done with school. Melissa you look so beautiful and I'm glad to hear that Nate is eating again.

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations Dave! What a relief to be done with school. So glad to hear Nate can eat again, what a cutie. It is fun to hear such great news from a great family!

Jamie said...

So happy things are going well.

Love to see all the happy faces!
Congrats to the dad grad and on the house too!

Alicia said...

Love the bookworm party idea! You and Nate look so draling.

Lhone said...

That party is a great idea. I might have to copy it this summer.

Cathie said...

YAY! Congratulations Dave...that is very exciting news! Melissa, you are georgeous! Your hair is so long.