This is a common sight of the girls when Sadie is too short for something. I'm surprised how happily Ash gets on all fours for Sadie. Sunday, November 4, 2007
We're Back!
We just got back from a fun and full week in Washington, D.C. for Dave to attend a perio conference.
I just got finished typing a letter to Ashlyn's teacher listing all of the museums and monuments we saw to try and justify why I didn't think she needed to complete all 37 worksheets her teacher gave her to do while she was on vacation. After I finished the list, I was amazed at all we squeezed into our trip! Here are a few pictures of the things we saw...Above is Mount Vernon.
Our cute little pumpkin. He did manage to get a few treats in his bag (I knew he wanted to try candy, and the only way for him to get it is for me to eat it...so, I willingly ate some candy for you Nate!)
Thanks to Aunt Shannon for bringing some costumes for the girls to borrow. I knew I wouldn't have time to make costumes this year. Ash was a witch and Sadie was Ariel. They were happy as could be with their costumes and had a blast trick-or-treating with the Schwab's (my sis-in-law's parents where we were staying). I realize that I am still a kid when I can hardly wait to dive in to the goods after trick-or-treating. I still love all of that sugary candy!
This was the first full day in D.C. Dave was gone to meetings before we were awake. It was quite an experience figuring out the subway system in D.C. with Nate in the sling and the girls at my side. We had a great day exploring the National Mall and seeing as much as we could.
We were at the Lincoln Memorial - one of our favorite places on our trip. Dave was reading the Gettysburg Address to the girls. I thought they all looked so cute as they listened to Dave and were so interested in the story that went along with the Addresss.
This is a common sight of the girls when Sadie is too short for something. I'm surprised how happily Ash gets on all fours for Sadie.
Our carved pumpkins!
This is a common sight of the girls when Sadie is too short for something. I'm surprised how happily Ash gets on all fours for Sadie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
So cute! What a fun trip. You are so brave!
Ok, the Ashlyn kneeling so Sadie can reach is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. And, they sat still while he read the gettysburg address?! Wait until Nate can walk...
I'm so jealous of your trip! I'm curious how Sadie's teacher responded to the list of museums...
Looks like such a fun trip!! I'm jealous! I LOVE that picture of Ashlyn helping Sadie reach the fountain!!! haha I miss you guys!!!
37 pages of worksheets????? that's nuts. Maybe if you were in college....but not 1st grade! What did the teacher say?
It gets worse. The day we got back she sent 29 more that she missed over the week. The total is up to 66 worksheets for 1 week and I'll tell you, I was counting! There were several other issues that were really bothering us with the school and the teacher. We tried switching teachers, but the principal wouldn't budge. After some serious contemplating, we yanked her and I'm going to finish 1st grade for her at home. Steam is still coming out of my head about some of the issues...
Hey Meliss,
Sorry i haven't called back, but i don't have a phone again..call me at work if you get a chance today, 801-343-0974.
Also, my comment is that the very first picture of you and the girls at mt. vernon was important because..please forgive me if i'm wrong, but we have a picture of us there and you were pregnant with i think sadie at the time...now you have a pix with you and sadie in it! out of you and all cute to boot! anyway, thought i'd let you know. talk to you soon someday!
Wow! Looks like a fun trip. You truly are amazing and brave to take all three to so many fun places by yourself. I will have to remember that when we have #3.
I can't believe all the homework. I was just reading your last post. 66 worksheets!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?
I am VERY impressed that Ashlyn is so willing to be a step stool! WOWOW! Darling family. Bummer about Ashlyn's teacher. It is so fun to peek in on you guys. I wish I could see you in California for the holidays. I will be thinking of you guys!
Post a Comment