Sunday, July 19, 2015

California!

 Dave dropped us off at the airport as we headed for California. He met up with us a week later. It's a busy trip with two 17 month olds but the older kids are such a big help!
 First on the list was the Boardwalk. Grandma was nice to babysit so I could go, too. No way I could pull off the Boardwalk with two little ones running every which way. Plus, I am far from my full energy (surgery post to come) and I haven't been up for too much.
 Anna and Audrey changing diapers.
 Anna feeding her baby.
 Anna, Grandma Shelly and Audrey. They loved snuggle time with Grandma. I realize they should probably be done with bottles but I keep putting off the transition. We all love the snuggle time!
 This picture has a lot more meaning that it looks! Shannon and I were on our way to meet Alicia for lunch when a lady hit Shannon's car. It was a bit shocking for several reasons. One being that just a few weeks prior, Shannon and Scott's car was hit by a guy who left the keys in his U-haul at a gas station and it ran right into the side of their car and ended up totalling their car. It was a nightmare dealing with that situaion since the guy didn't have insurance. They had JUST bought another car the day before we were hit. Unbelievable! Luckily the lady had insurance and getting it fixed was much better this time around. We had some sore necks but it in a couple of days we were feeling fine. At the end of the ordeal, she asked us for a ride home. We really weren't sure what to do but after her giving a few sob stories (one being that she had foot problems) we caved. Not sure we should have but she seemed very nice and I felt bad leaving her stranded since her car wouldn't start. Meanwhile...our kids were having the time of their lives walking to 7-11 from Grandma and Grandpa's house. We did this as kids and they think it's so much fun to do this. After we dropped the lady off, we were at a stop sign. I looked to my right and saw a bunch of kids walking. They were our kids!! We snapped a picture and drove on to meet Alicia. But it sure made us smile watching our kids having fun.
 We made it to the beach. It was pretty cold that day but it didn't stop anyone from having fun! Audrey and Anna loved the sand so much. Audrey watching the water.
 Anna playing in the sand.
 I saw this picture in the mix. Dave was having his own fun back at home. He had some guys over to shoot. They had a whole table set off for all the goods!
 Audrey and Anna having fun with Grandpa John on the floor. Not sure why it was so fuzzy.
 We had fun seeing Jason, Krista, Oliver and Grandpa and Grandma Walton for a fun dinner! Ollie, Anna and Audrey are only a few months apart but by the size difference you'd think they were a couple years apart! We loved getting to see Jamie, Sean, Kate and Brian at church and I'm bummed we didn't get a picture!
 Anna and Audrey sitting on a little bench during dinner.
 They LOVE babies! I told Dave that means we should adopt again but he says we're good. :)
 It's always a highlight to visit the cemetery where our sweet little Brie's body is. Oh how we miss her! When I looked at this picture, I instantly thought how it just doesn't look like everyone is there. And that's because they aren't. We have two more girls to add to the picture some day. I can't wait.
 So sweet.
 Dave can still hold both in one hand and have a free hand.
 Story time with Grandma Walton! They LOVE books. Any kind. Even books with no pictures!
 Anna, Grandpa Walton, Audrey. There's something so fun about holding two on your lap at the same time.
 Anna playing with the kickboards at the swim club.
 We spent much of 4th of July at the club. I was so thankful for helpers everywhere I turned!
Emily's sister had these swim suits and they are the greatest thing ever!!! It's so great to not put sunscreen all over two little girls!

No comments: