Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thanksgiving


Dave took the kids out on a Thanksgiving morning run/roller blade.
It was great to have the Kimball's join us for a low key Thanksgiving dinner. Kelly was 8 months pregnant and doing a simple meal and I wasn't up for doing much so we agreed to get together and keep it simple. My kids made lots of pies and Ash was insistent on making crusts from scratch. 

The "newness" of having babies has not worn off and I'm so thankful. Our older three adore these babies and LOVE spending time with them. They are such a big help to me. 

 Sadie made pecan and pumpkin, Ash made berry and a lemon cream, Nate made chocolate cream.
 I had to snap a shot of this. They both wanted up when I was doing dishes. Life can be so hard!
 Our wonderful friend, Blanche, broke 7 ribs during a recent fall. We have been so sad for her. She got moved to a rehab center and when I suggested maybe we bring her a few Christmas decorations, Ash volunteered their tree that they have upstairs every year and love. What a sweet sacrifice. So we brought their tree and plugged it in and she loves it.
 This picture is for you, Tyler! Ashlyn's cousin is known to have a book with him in some funny times (like practicing the piano, doing dishes, etc). Ash making peppermint bark and reading a good book while stirring.
 They have discovered the dishwasher.
 The kids made a Christmas chain and some ornaments for Blanche's tree. Blanche's attitude about life inspires me to be better. We always leave feeling so uplifted and wanting to be more optimistic about life. She is 95!
 Ash working on her berry pie.
Me working on snuggling my babies. A favorite pastime.

No comments: