Monday, September 1, 2014

A Heavenly Day

Saturday, August 23 was a special day for our family. I realize that many friends who read this blog are not of my same faith, so I want to explain why this day was so special to our family. 

Our family was sealed together for time here on earth as well as eternity. I like the scripture from the Bible that explains about being sealed. 

Jesus Christ gave power to His disciples to seal families together forever when He said, “And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” (Matthew 16:19).

 When a husband and wife are sealed together as a couple, their children born to them are automatically sealed. With adopted children, there is a special ceremony where the baby (babies) can be sealed to the family. In the temple, we dress in white to symbolize purity. As a result of the sealing ceremony, a parent/child relationship is legally binding in heaven as well as on earth.


 We had a wonderful group of friends and family who joined us. I'm sad Mom isn't in this picture because she was grabbing something for me. Sorry, Mom! We only had a quick chance to grab a picture of the group before everyone scattered! This pictures makes me smile…it is full of some of the people I love most dearly. We missed those who couldn't come! It was overwhelming to walk into a room and see all of these people…all there for us! Some traveled far and wide to come be with us and we so appreciated it!
 It was an interesting trip to have lots of visitors but no cousins for the kids to play with! On my end, it just meant tons of adult helpers to help with all we had going on all weekend! Our family with my parents, Chad, Alicia and Shannon!
 Our family with Dave's parents. We were so glad they could come!

Dave, Anna and Susan

4 comments:

Dayna Simons said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family. I'm sure the day was amazing and oh so wonderful!

Donna May Bowen said...

what a beautiful family.. I'm sure that was a celestial experience..I am so happy for all of you. You are wonderful. Lots of love Grandma

Mom said...

What a wonderful weekend it was to be a part of such a precious experience. We love those sweet Colorado Walton's!
Love you all, Grandma Walton

Designer Diva said...

Such an amazing day! Thank you for letting us be apart of it. We love your forever family!