I can't even see the computer very well because I have eyes that are filling with tears as I think about my double miracles. Anna and Audrey.
Today was a big day!!! This morning our adoption was finalized in court in Utah. Even though they already felt like an integral part of our family, the finalization is a day we have dreamed about for a long, long time. Talk about miracles! I wanted twins so badly. We wanted twins early on in our marriage and with every pregnancy we hoped for twins. We even got pregnant with twins but then miscarried early on. When we were applying for adoption, we wanted twins. When we would get situations, I would hurry and look to see if it was one or two babies. I would sigh when it would be one baby. I really, really wanted two! I wanted two for many reasons, but I think deep down I just knew there were two on their way. I asked our social worker how many of the other adoptive families wanted twins. She said that pretty much all of the families want twins.
A quick snapshot of our LEGAL family! The best part was reading the decree and seeing how many times it said "David K Walton and Melissa A Walton are the PARENTS of Anna and Audrey." It made me happy every time I read that line. "Miracle" is the only word that keeps coming to my mind.We took a few pictures of our miracles today. They were so happy and so cute.
Anna and Audrey
Audrey was giggling and giggling at silly Sadie.
Anna
Audrey
Audrey
Audrey playing with Anna's foot. They have a blast in bed together. Sometimes they are supposed to be sleeping but they end up playing for a while first. Or sometimes I go to get them from their nap and they are on their sides, facing each other, giggling and looking at each other. So cute. And sometimes I go in an one is crying and kicking and happens to be kicking her sisters' face. Oops. Not as cute. Poor girl getting kicked! Soon they will be able to move out of the way easier when they are more mobile.
Today I woke up with a very, very thankful heart. Tonight I will go to bed with a very, very thankful heart for this special, special day. I am so thankful for the double miracles that came from a very loving Heavenly Father.










3 comments:
Congratulations! We are so happy to have our 2 newest grandbabies become official!
Love you all & see you soon!
Grandma Walton
I love this post. It's nice to see so much happiness and gratitude. They are beautiful babies.
Congratulations! I'm so excited for your whole family!
Post a Comment