Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Can't believe it's been 5 months already!

 I love these pictures of the babies looking at each other. I love Anna's face. They like each other so much and I think that's one of my favorite things about having twins.
 Audrey and Anna
 Anna
 Audrey and Anna. They are so fun when they wake up from a nap. They smile so big and are so excited to see someone coming to get them!
 Sadie reading to the babies.
 Happy Father's Day!
 Cooking is one of my favorite things. Most of our meals are simpler these days now that we have two cute babies to take up more of our time. I was pretty happy this day as I had both babies with me AND I was cooking for our family!
 They hold hands all the time now.
 I love Anna holding Audrey's arm like this. Anna and Audrey.
 It was so fun to gather with family over July 4th! I had to take a quick shot of the "shoe area" at Mom and Dad's. And this wasn't even all of the shoes.
 Audrey and Anna
 It was a special thing to take Anna and Audrey to the cemetery. So many emotions as we miss Brie so much, but are so thankful for the path we have been on because it has led us to Anna and Audrey. We always kiss our thumb, then stamp it on the "B" on Brie's headstone. Just a family tradition. So here are Anna and Audrey putting their fists on the "B". Thanks, Mom, for the beautiful flowers.
 Sunday at church. I think Anna is ready for  a nap and Audrey is ready to party.
 It worked out on this trip to see some of my favorite friends. It was such a treat. I left the older kids at home and took the babies to the East Bay to see Kendra and Michiko from dental school days. So fun to catch up with them.
 Audrey and Anna. I think they look alike in this photo. We think they look so different now that it's almost funny to us that most people can't tell them apart.
 Another wonderful friend from our San Francisco days. Heidi and family stopped in for a quick visit on their way to the airport. Thanks for taking the time to stop by! Our girls were just toddlers in SF and played together all the time.
 Karla treated us to a fun outing at Cold Stone!
 Julie and I have been friends since we were 3. Now she lives in Chile and it was amazing timing that we were both in CA at the same time. We squeezed this visit in the night before we left for home. So wonderful to see Julie and her family!
 While out in CA surrounded by so much family, I thought back to our profile book where we had to write a letter to the birth mom and tell about us. We were supposed to include a couple pictures of our extended family and tell the birth mom what the extended family would be like. I am so thankful for such love poured out from extended family to our newest additions.
 They often do this when they are drinking bottles. They just meet in the middle and hold hands.
 We started rice cereal. This sums up how they felt about it the first day. The second and third days were a bit better but it's still pretty new to them!
 Audrey was having so much fun with Nate. He was taking Audrey on a ride around the room.

 Thanks Britt for these cute shirts! There they are holding arms again. Anna and Audrey.
 At the Cupertino 4th of July parade!
 Sleepy babies with Grandma and Grandpa.

 So wonderful to be together as a family at the cemetery. We were there with my family celebrating my little sister's birthday (she is buried on the other side of the tree than Brie). So glad Brie and Laurie are close.
 Cousins enjoying a fun meal at Grandma and Grandpa Walton's
 Anna and Audrey enjoying a swing with Grandma and Grandpa Walton!
This was the event of today. Our rooster has turned pretty mean lately. So today was the day for him to go. Dave shot his head off. Poor chicken. Ash, Sadie and Nate were all crying pretty hard. Dave is determined to eat him for dinner tomorrow. The funniest part was when I noticed the shirt Dave was wearing. His shirt came from a crepe restaurant we ate at one time. And it seriously says "Rooster, Eat Local" and Dave was killing our rooster to eat? Sure is local! Funny timing to wear that shirt and he had no clue he was doing it.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Darling photos! (Except for the one of the rooster - YIKES!)
We loved the time we were able to spend with you!
Love, Grandma Walton

Chris W. said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We sure missed being there with everyone!