Tuesday, June 24, 2014

It's a Hatch Thing

I feel so thankful to have such wonderful extended family and this past weekend we were able to spend a few fun days with our Hatch side at a family reunion in Utah. I never heard the total count that was there, but I know there were a lot of us! I didn't get a picture of one of the highlights - the soccer game. It was a bit humorous to try and see who was on your team when we had all just put our "Hatch" t-shirts on. We had fun playing with the kids, but the best was when someone called out that root-beer floats were ready and the kids went running. The adults stayed on the field for a bit more of an intense game. 
 Our family at the end of a 4 mile hike that ended with this beautiful view. This hike was the tail end of the pioneers' trek west.
 Cousins enjoying being at the end of the hike - although I think they had enough energy to do it all over again!
 Nate caught a snake and it was quite a hit! Well, among the kids.

 Grandpa and Audrey hanging out
 A few of us took the tram at Snowbasin and had a fun picnic/hike…more amazing views.

 Another highlight of our trip was stopping on our way home to see some Walton cousins!! We just happened to time it when Emily's sisters with triplets and twins were in town.
 We got a quick snapshot with 3 sets of multiples. Not every day you find 3 sets of multiples all within 4 months of each other.
 So fun to see Beck, Gibson and Kenzie!
 This picture is sure out of order. Happy Father's Day!! Nate learned "Get Back" on the guitar for Dave. Ash learned "In my Life" and Sadie learned "Hey Jude". It was a big surprise to Dave to hear his kiddos playing Beatles' songs on the guitar and singing too!
 Ash on the tram at Snowbasin.
 I love the serious look on Anna's face…studying her best friend's face.
 Audrey sporting Nate's hat.
 One baby for each big kid!
So fun to see Emily and introduce her to our babies!

2 comments:

emily said...

It was really fun that I could combine your family and my family into one trip! Thanks for stopping in!

Brittany Lentz said...

It was so fun getting to see you guys!!