It's a little strange to now be closer to 40 than 30, and even weirder considering I still think I'm in my 20s. I remember when we moved to Georgia and we were in our 20s and we thought it was so crazy that our two closest couples friends were in their early 30s. And now early 30s was a while ago!
Anna and Audrey gave me a wonderful birthday present by posing for this adorable shot. Actually, it wasn't posed. They were doing tummy time and happily looking at teach other. I had to grab my phone for a picture. I love them looking at each other.
Today they had their 4 month appointment. Anna is 10 lbs 3 oz and Audrey is 10 lbs 7 oz. They have doubled their birthweight. Tonight I was feeding the babies and Sadie came up to them and said "boo" and they both started giggling. I could tell a good show was coming on so I called Dave to come over. We all watched as they giggled at the same time over and over and over. It was heavenly to hear them laugh at the same time.
We went on a day trip to Estes Park and visited the Stanley Hotel, where the movie "The Shining" was written and filmed. It was cool to see a hotel built in 1909 but even cooler to meet a lady there who was born in 1907!
Since Anna and Audrey are my happiest birthday present (and any other holiday), Dave had the girls walk to me while they all sang Happy Birthday. Notice someone who is as tall as her mom???
We managed to go to swim lessons on our own…which I was a little nervous about but the babies did great. They are getting bigger and it's not as easy to juggle both in my arms for a long time.





6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Melissa! I could not remember the exact date, but I knew it was in early June. What a wonderful day you had! Love seeing and hearing about your wonderful family. xoxo
Lovely photos! You are all glowing!
What a sweet happy family!
Love, Grandma Walton
You're really making me feel old! But like you said I still feel like I'm in my 20s. Glad you had a good birthday.
Happy birthday Melissa! We love you!
I'm claiming to still be closer to 30. You are getting old! ;)
A belated Happy Birthday! It looks like it was wonderful! You are such an inspiration to me, Melissa. I'm so happy to know you and your sweet family.
Post a Comment